Rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with plenty of trees for shade near the rooms. There are some great hikes to take in the National Park or you can partake of all the hotel has to offer - horseback riding, tubing, zip lining etc. The hot springs are fun after a hike. we went to one that was free for people staying at the hotel. It had changing rooms, restrooms and several pools to choose from. We had fun painting mud on each other - supposed to be beneficial. I know the laughing was! The food is buffet style but several stations with some good choices. We also visited Santa Rosa National Park before we moved on. I found most of the staff to be friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Guachipelin is a comfortable hotel with 54 rooms, each with private bathroom and hot water. The best Costa Rican ecotourism lodge for adventure travel and nature lovers, located at the entrance of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park. This is the most visited National Park in Guanacaste. For the adventurer, there are many activities like horseback riding, the Canyon canopy tour, Rio Negro Tubing, canyoneering, bird watching, as well as trekking to the crater of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Free transportation to the National Park and the hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hacienda Guachipelin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja