We came here for a day trip that included a horseback ride, zip-lining, lunch, and a few hours at the Spa/mudbaths/pool.
The horseback ride was a typical tourist trek with unresponsive horses who just plod up the well-beaten path, but the views were excellent and I felt very safe on the horses. It was a fine ride for those who do not ride regularly.
The zip lining was perfect with experienced, helpful guides in a green jungle. Great views. Very safe.
We had a very tasty lunch with great service.
The afternoon was spent at the natural sauna, mud baths, hot springs, and pool. The pool was huge. My kids loved coating themselves with warm mud and playing in the big pool.
This is a perfect place for 1-2 days or just a day trip.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Borinquen Mountain Rincon De La Vieja
- Hotel Borinquen Mountain
- Resort Borinquen Mountain
- Hotel Borinquen Mountain Resort Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hot Springs Spa at Borinquen Mountain Resort is your exclusive vacation spot located in Guanacaste in the North Pacific Region of Costa Rica.The Hotel was designed and created in 1999 with the sole purpose of unlocking the exceptional beauty of the Rincon de la Vieja countryside and bringing it to the world. When you visit Hotel Borinquen you are literally stepping into a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Borinquen Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.