To get to this complex - it is not really a resort there is a very long un-made up road and a 4 wheel drive is best. We were aware of road and in fact does highlight the stark differences in the climate as the scenery changes quite a bit on the drive in. There is only one restaurant the menu is a little limited but the staff for us were friendly and attentive both here in the restaurant and main reception( there have been comments elsewhere regarding this) the rooms Inspite of being fairly new are very dark and meant the use of lights quite a bit. Whilst rooms are well equipped and clean the bedding is not Egyptian Cotton as it states in the room information and is poorly fitting. The hot springs though are excellent and the mud treatment great fun. Shame building work was going on to extend the dining facilities - but it has to happen at some point and you may well hear power washers being use to clean the hot spring pools first thing in the morning. Be aware that the place is open to day trippers and will make it very difficult to get lunch - maybe worth asking the staff what time they may arrive, as we couldn't get lunch when we wanted on a particular day. We didin't do an organised tour from here, but blue river did seem to offer something for everyone it appeared . This is not a complex as suggests something bigger with more food and on site activities ( there is a Spa on sit that looked fine, but can't make an opinion on this. Nice place overall , but could be sonmuch more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue River Resort and Hot Springs is an authentic Costa Rica experience in the rainforests of Rincon de la Vieja. Our jewel is the spectacular natural mineral "green" hot spring pools – but that’s just the beginning. There is a large fresh water pool & bullet slide, the spa, botanical gardens, butterfly farm, iguana and frog pond and much more. Set out on several authentic eco Costa Rica adventure tours, all nearby. Eco-tours include visits to gorgeous blue volcanic rivers and waterfalls by horseback, nature walks, volcano hike, zip-lining across waterfalls and much more. The breadth of eco-nature tours will amaze you. Blue River Resort & Hot Springs offers luxury accommodation in new, spacious 720 square foot cabanas. Book your dream Costa Rica vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Blue River Resort & Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue River Resort And Hot Springs
- Blue River Resort & Hot Springs Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Blue River Resort & Hot Springs Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja