After hearing of the inception of this resort 5 years ago and seeing the progress on their website over the years, I can only say how amazed we were once we arrived at the property
I can say that the ride to the resort on the last 20 km of gravel road was an adventure in itself as you did have to drive slow but it gave you the chance to see the natural beauty of the land along with all of it's wildlife.
Upon reaching the resort we were greeted by a very friendly and accommodating staff that what seemed went out of their way in making sure we were comfortable and happy but after talking with other guests, everyone seems to have gotten this same great service,
The cabins are unbelievable in size and comfort. There is no telephone to call for any thing you might want from the office or restaurant but the cabins are so close it wasn't inconvenient at all to walk. If walking isn't for you then the resort isn't either. There are so many well maintained walkways and paths to the natural gardens and springs that walking is a major part of this resort and something you will want to do. Even at night the pathways are nicely lit to make it comfortable.
While we were there for our short 2 day stay, unfortunately the cloud coverage didn't give us the chance to see the volcano but the pictures we saw of what it looks like on a clear day makes me want to go back.
The staff were exceptional. Always trying to make sure you were happy. The food I found was very reasonable for Costa Rican standards and had actually thought they would be higher considering the location of the resort and the fact you are captive to what they offer. The quality of everything we sampled was fantastic.
in closing I highly recommend this resort and will definitely be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue River Resort and Hot Springs is an authentic Costa Rica experience in the rainforests of Rincon de la Vieja. Our jewel is the spectacular natural mineral "green" hot spring pools – but that’s just the beginning. There is a large fresh water pool & bullet slide, the spa, botanical gardens, butterfly farm, iguana and frog pond and much more. Set out on several authentic eco Costa Rica adventure tours, all nearby. Eco-tours include visits to gorgeous blue volcanic rivers and waterfalls by horseback, nature walks, volcano hike, zip-lining across waterfalls and much more. The breadth of eco-nature tours will amaze you. Blue River Resort & Hot Springs offers luxury accommodation in new, spacious 720 square foot cabanas. Book your dream Costa Rica vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Blue River Resort & Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue River Resort & Hot Springs Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Blue River Resort And Hot Springs
- Blue River Resort & Hot Springs Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja