My family stayed at this resort for 2 nights in June. Overall it was wonderful and a great value for the price. We also stayed at Hacienda Guachipelin and Blue River was much nicer and less expensive.
The grounds were absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed the botanic gardens, butterflies, and the mud bath. When we were there the pools were never crowded, even when a tour came in for the day, the pools were still quite empty. My son had lots of fun on the water slide. They usually had one pool closed for cleaning, but this seemed to rotate so we got to try every one.
The restaurant was good and very reasonably priced, especially for being the only place in the area that you could get food. We used the refrigerator in the room for leftovers.
The rooms were large and had a lovely feel, although they were a little dark. There was even a large walk in closet to keep suitcases out of the way as well as an in room safe.
The only negative thing I have to say was regarding my spa experience. My only "extra" that I did during our entire trip to Costa Rica was a massage at the spa. It was supposed to be a 50 minute massage. I was shocked when the I was told the massage was over after 40 minutes (42 max). I really enjoyed the massage, but was very disappointed that it was cut so short. I did give a smaller tip than I would have, but I probably shouldn't have given one at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue River Resort and Hot Springs is an authentic Costa Rica experience in the rainforests of Rincon de la Vieja. Our jewel is the spectacular natural mineral "green" hot spring pools – but that’s just the beginning. There is a large fresh water pool & bullet slide, the spa, botanical gardens, butterfly farm, iguana and frog pond and much more. Set out on several authentic eco Costa Rica adventure tours, all nearby. Eco-tours include visits to gorgeous blue volcanic rivers and waterfalls by horseback, nature walks, volcano hike, zip-lining across waterfalls and much more. The breadth of eco-nature tours will amaze you. Blue River Resort & Hot Springs offers luxury accommodation in new, spacious 720 square foot cabanas. Book your dream Costa Rica vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Blue River Resort & Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue River Resort & Hot Springs Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Blue River Resort And Hot Springs
- Blue River Resort & Hot Springs Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja