My teenage son and I spent four days at La Anita in January and had a wonderful time. Hosts Ana and Pablo went out of their way to make us feel welcome from the minute we arrived. The cabins were spotless and included thoughtful amenities such as toiletries and an in-room fridge. In such a unspoiled wilderness area such items seemed truly luxurious! All the people who work with Ana and Pablo are local, and Finca La Anita strives to showcase the talents and skills of the residents of Colonia Libertad, which results in an intimate and truly educational experience for the visitor. The food is fresh and delicious and focuses on produce from La Anita and the surrounding area. The coffee is to die for, particularly the cardamom scented variety, my personal favorite. Lying in bed at night or resting in a hammock one can hear the hummingbirds and other wildlife in the surrounding forest area; it is just magical. Ana and Pablo sent us on some wonderful trips during our short stay. We enjoyed a hike through a pristine cloud forest preserve to visit waterfalls and swim in beautiful blue thermal pools, accompanied by two friendly and helpful local guides. We visited a local inn where we were able to assist the local chef with making a special ricotta cheese, even milking the cow first. Later we rode horses in the shadow of Rincon de la Vieja where we had wonderful views, returning to a traditional Costa Rican luncheon featuring fresh fish. Perhaps best of all, our hosts were eager to share the work on their farm with visitors and answer any questions. They were the best hosts I have ever experienced in years of traveling all over the world.
For anyone interested in botany or ecology, or who seeks to experience the cloudforest microclimate around Rincon de la Vieja, Finca La Anita is well worth the stay. An unforgettable experience. We hope to return soon!
- Also Known As:
- La Anita Rainforest Ranch Hotel
- La Anita Rainforest Ranch Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- La Anita Rainforest Ranch Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a small valley between the Miravalles, Rincon de la Vieja, and Santa Maria Volcanoes, La Anita Rainforest Ranch is surrounded by an incredible explosion of biodiversity. Our guests have the opportunity to tour our ranch and indulge in gourmet cuisine prepared with ingredients picked fresh from our gardens. We will guide you through rainforest trails, teach you about the flower and heart of palm, fruits and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your La Anita Rainforest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.