Canyon Lodge was an interesting spot as there were no TV's in room but you really did not need one. Lots to do, Bungalows were clean and very rustic. there is lots do do there, we went horse back riding which was enjoyable. We were actually allowed to run the horses. Jimmy our guide was great. He could not speak english but we still could communicate. There is zip lining and a spa as well. It is close to the Liberia airport. We stayed there two nights. First night was when we arrived, we did a week long eco tour and we stayed there on our last night. It has a nice pool area and the staff were great. This is rated as a 3 star resort. Food was ok. Rooms are air conditioned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by beautiful gardens just 8 kms from Liberia, we offer a different way to enjoy the natural beauties that surround the Guanacaste National Parks as Santa Rosa, Rincon de la Vieja and Palo Verde.Canyon de la Vieja Lodge offers 50 rooms of which two have access for people with special needs, each has a small front terrace, equipped with double beds, air conditioning, private bathroom, hot water and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Canyon de la Vieja Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyon De La Vieja Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Canyon De La Vieja Lodge Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja