“An attractive restaurant with good service and good food.” 4 of 5 stars

(530) 677-3330
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 48 Restaurants in Cameron Park
previse
“An attractive restaurant with good service and good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I judge a Mexican restaurant by its chips & salsa. Fresh is an excellent sign, but all too rare. Stale greasy chips and thin red sauce from a can not so good. On that scale Que Viva rates about average.

I ordered grilled sea bass, which was served with a mildly spicy peanut garnish and was quite good. I cook a lot of fish at home. I know swai's texture, flavor, and exactly what it looks like. This was a very nice fillet of swai. I would have happily ordered that and am irked that they pass it off as sea bass.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Good Service - below average food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My Husband and I had a Groupon so we gave this place a shot. We should have gone to Taco Bell. I had shrimp and steak fajitas. The shrimp were murdered by being drastically over-cooked. The steak had decent seasoning. My Husband had fish tacos they were just average. The chips were very fresh and and salsa had nice little kick. Service was good. However over all food was bland and below average. It is doubtful we will go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Northern California
“Fast Service, Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant early on a Saturday evening. The place was very busy, and I believe a party was going on in the back room. They were offering an all you can eat buffet, but my husband and I passed on that and ordered off the menu. We ordered a two taco combo, and a beef burrito combo plate. The food arrived so fast, and was very hot! The food was good, and fresh, but a little bland for me. The basket of chips and salsa was good, the chips were hot, and the salsa spicy. The server was very attentive. The food is a bit over priced, and the portions are average. We had a groupon ($20 worth of food for $10), so after our two dinner plates, and one beer, our total was about $3.00 (not including tip). Just as we were leaving a band started to pay. We will go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shingle Springs, California
“Great place for a party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were looking for a location for a milestone birthday party. Que Viva was chosen primarily for it's decor, being a perfect size for a party of 30-50, the food and a bar. We were so glad we made the decision to go there! Isabel put together a fantastic buffet and kept making sure there was enough food. Beverage service was wonderful. Several guests commented about how attentive the service was and about the tasty food. (Spinach enchiladas were "to die for"!) Many said they wanted to go back to Que Viva again. I would definitely go back again!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pollock Pines, California
“Bueno! Great little Mexican Restaurant in Cameron Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch while taking care if some business in the area. Pleasantly surprised by the service, food an decor.

Chips and salsa were fresh an flavorful. The salsa ha a little 'kick' to it which I like.

I ordered chile verde and a glass of iced tea. Food was hot, fresh and flavorful.

Service was outstanding. Server tool time to take questions and. Gave great suggestions.

Dessert was fried ice cream an lets say you won't me disappointed.

Generous portions and overall a pleasant experience. I'm looking forward to returning with my wife. Give the place a try...it's bueno!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere