“Not her mother” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Cameron Park, California
“Not her mother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We tried this place after church one Sunday. The new owner was very pleasant and the food was great and we had a wonderful time.

Next time we went was for dinner. The owner's daughter was in charge. The mild salsa was just as hot as the hot salsa. The owner's daughter said that they never know how hot they will be. Huh!!??

My wife had the chili relleno and it was burnt, so she complained. (My wife orders this every where we go and she is an expert on the dish) The owner's daughter said "that's the way we cook it here." No offer to make it the way my wife wanted and expected it to be. No offer to replace it with something else that might be edible. All she offered was to "do it right the next time we come in."

Like that will ever happen.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

El Dorado Hills, California, United States
“New Owners / Awesome Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I have been going to this place for years and the food was very good but now under new ownership the food is awesome. I am a chili verdi freak this is some of the best I have ever had. The chili verdi wet burrito is the way to go if your a verdi fan. I have been three times this week. Service is outstanding and to top it all off the price is right.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shingle Springs, California, United States
“AWESOME Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I found this restuarant on a flook the day they re opened. The food is amazing. The Asada Steak is the best I have ever had. They just added a new meat to the menue called Chorizo and I am hooked. I am now eating there at least twice a week

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cameron Park, CA
“Decent taqueria”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

This place is so close to our house that we often stop by. Their carne asada tacos are really good, as are their tamales. I am a huge burrito fan, and ususally order that but I wasn't impressed by theirs, and order different items when I go there. The restaurant is VERY small, not good for large groups. I also was a little dissapointed that they do not offer refried beans, only whole pinto. Little things like the burrito and the refired beans make this not my all time favorite place, but like I said, experiement with the menu and you'll find a few hidden gems.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I just really dig their...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2008

I just really dig their food, the spicy pork burrito kicks major @ss. Their burgers are even better than many bday party restaurants.