“light in the darkness” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Cameron Park

You added Motel 6 Cameron Park to your Saves list
Motel 6 Cameron Park
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   3444 Coach Lane, Cameron Park, CA 95682 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cameron Park
“light in the darkness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

we evacuated from the King fire and all our needs were met-- they even accepted the dog! There was free coffee and I was able to take my laptop to the lobby and tune into current fire details. Rooms were enormous and we could read or watch TV There was a machine for drinks/snacks downstairs and laundry facilities too. The hot tub was soothing and close to entertainment like Apple Hill and Redhawk Casino

Room Tip: we were upstairs at corner and could bring the dog in/out with ease. Nice and sunny overlooking the...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
mayjabeen, Owner at Motel 6 Cameron Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
I wanted to thank you for such positive feedback about our property. We are doing our best to to continue to make improvements. Please feel free to contact me for you next stay at may1812@sbcglobal so that I can personally take care of you and your family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Diamond Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I stay there once in a while due to family in the area. I find it clean and comfortable at a reasonable rate. The staff are friendly and helpful. They are pet friendly and I love that too!
pool was clean and pleasent, lots of food near by. GOOD DEAL

Room Tip: some m/w and fridgs. avail.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Grass Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Saturday, July 19, 2014 for 1 night. Checked in early with a friendly staff, spent some time un the vine covered area, which was delightfull till room was ready. Nice room, really clean & comfortable. Used the pool & hot tub which also was very clean & nice. Coffee from the lobby the next morning was really good. Had a wonderful stay, really enjoyed & would highly recommend it & the price was right. Thanks Motel 6 in Cameron Park for a great stay!

Room Tip: I like downstairs myself, was very quiet & accessible!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
mayjabeen, Owner at Motel 6 Cameron Park, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback and know that we do our best and will continue to do so. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if you decide to stay with us again so that I can personally take care of your needs.

Tooele, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Found this Motel after getting kicked out of the Mother Lode motel in Placerville for wanting the room cleaned. After explaining our situation, they gave us a room for the same amount of time and a better price. I liked the size of the room, and it was very clean! The one downside was that when I went to take a shower, the shower mechanism fell apart, and I had to put it back together, but not a really big deal. It is close to the freeway so I thought it might be noisy, but it was really pretty quiet. The staff was friendly and the pool was wet (albeit a little cold...) and the hot pool was nice. I would stay here again if I were in the area. I did see some homeless outside now and then, but they just passed through toward the fast food places half a block away. I parked outside my window so I could keep an eye on my car, and it was fine.

Room Tip: We used room 201, and it was good, just don't pull up too hard on the shower mechanism :)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
mayjabeen, Owner at Motel 6 Cameron Park, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
I wanted to thank you for your feedback and posting the review on Tripadvisor. As an owner I appreciate the time you have taken to give us the constructive feedback and being that we are a family owned business we try our best to take care of the customers. I understand some of the concerns you had about the some of the homeless people you might have seen pass by the property and know that we do our best to make sure the property is safe for our guests. If you planning another stay please email me personally at may1812@sbcglobal.net and I will do my best to accommodate your stay.

El Dorado Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Looks like there are new managers here! They are turning the place around. Nice renovations and Nisha the new manager was very nice and accommodating. Will definitely be back again. Room was clean and relaxing

• Stayed April 2014
mayjabeen, General Manager at Motel 6 Cameron Park, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
I wanted to thank for taking the time to provide us with positive feedback and know that we appreciate your business. We look forward to having you as a guest at our property soon in the near future.

San Pedro, Belize
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I made reservations Dec. 30th with Motel 6 reservations over the phone and when I arrived at the property I was informed that they had my reservation but the rate (standard AARP 10% off) 44.99 and even the rack rate that was posted on their website today would not be honored. As someone who used to run a resort I can tell you this is sheer incompetent management as the hotel judging by the parking lot was well under 20% occupancy at time of attempted check in 6-6:30 pm. Besides the stress that it caused me, it just made no business sense, to have a guest greeted by young kid demanding my respect, after telling me, that my rate would be $69.99 plus tax per night as opposed the rate I had to show him the email with the 89.98 for 2 nights 44.99 per night. He refused to call motel 6 corporate to try to remedy the problem insisting "I am Motel 6 reservations". I explained to him politely that he could check me in and have his manager resolve this but he insisted that he would not unless I accepted the higher rate. I told him if walked this would be posted on Trip advisor and here it is and just this moment in writing this I see I am not unique. This is my message to management if there is any, put someone responsible and reasonable capable making a common sense decision behind your front desk.
Motel 6 corporate did agree to send me 2 comp nights for other properties for the trouble after they verified with the young man at the desk that the reservation was not honored.
Avoid this place until????
Hotel management response requested.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Elk Grove, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Didn't expect much from a Motel 6...Got even less...Although the location is good,The rooms are dirty and old.The cost was fairly cheap (About 50 bucks) even so this Motel needs a serious renovation.....Stay elsewhere...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Cameron Park? Share your experiences!