I think it's time for an updated review of the Cameron Park Motel 6. I just stayed there last night (8/3/11). I found the manager to be pleasant and welcoming. I had booked the room on-line at the Motel 6 website and also took advantage of Motel 6's 10% senior discount and ended up paying just over $42 for my night's stay. My room was Motel 6 basic, with a queen bed, clean and comfortable. A summary follows:
- My room did not have an adjoining door to another room, which is always good at lower priced properties as one does not always have a considerate next-door neighbor. The Wednesday night I was there, all was quiet at the Cameron Park Motel 6.
- The carpet appeared to be fairly new and was clean, same with the bedspread and sheets; decor was the basic Motel 6.
- The bed was fine, not a Westin luxury bed, but comfortable and I slept well. The pillows were large and soft. A previous reviewer had mentioned bed-bugs, I had no such issue.
- My room had a queen bed, table & chair, a counter with compartments below, an area to hang your clothing (with those hangers that you can't steal) and a large older type tv with very limited cable channels.
- The air conditioning unit worked very well and was not too loud.
- This Motel 6 has a micro and fridge in the rooms, which most don't. As with most other Motel 6's, no in-room coffeemaker is provided. I'm not sure about coffee in the office area as I walked straight to the Denny's next door for breakfast..
- The bathroom is different than most Motel 6's as it has tub shower instead of just a shower stall. From older reviews I see that this used to be a Super 8 Motel and this must be why. The bath towels, hand towels & wash clothes (2 of each) were clean and of adequate size and thickness. There are 2 bars of soap, but, as with most Motel 6's, no shampoo or hair dryer is provided.
- Rooms are accessed via an interior hallway, which is also different than most Motel 6's. The hallway was adequately lighted and clean.
- The outdoor pool was open, blue and clean. There is also a jacuzzi.at the pool which was also open and I saw a couple of people using.
- The only complaints I might have is that the wall(s) in the room were "barren" and could use a picture or two; most Motel 6's have some sort of picture(s) on the walls and I also would have liked to have more tv channels available.
All in all, I found the Cameron Park Motel 6 to be CLEAN, well kept, comfortable and very good for the "price point" at which it's at. Not certain how the property was handled in the past, but my experience was positive, I will return and would encourage others to give it a try.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Motel 6 Cameron Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel Six Cameron Park
- Cameron Park Motel Six
- Cameron Park Motel 6