“Pleasant Stay at the Cameron Park Motel 6” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Cameron Park

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Cameron Park to your Saves list
Motel 6 Cameron Park
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   3444 Coach Lane, Cameron Park, CA 95682 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Cameron Park
San Mateo, California
“Pleasant Stay at the Cameron Park Motel 6”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I think it's time for an updated review of the Cameron Park Motel 6. I just stayed there last night (8/3/11). I found the manager to be pleasant and welcoming. I had booked the room on-line at the Motel 6 website and also took advantage of Motel 6's 10% senior discount and ended up paying just over $42 for my night's stay. My room was Motel 6 basic, with a queen bed, clean and comfortable. A summary follows:

- My room did not have an adjoining door to another room, which is always good at lower priced properties as one does not always have a considerate next-door neighbor. The Wednesday night I was there, all was quiet at the Cameron Park Motel 6.
- The carpet appeared to be fairly new and was clean, same with the bedspread and sheets; decor was the basic Motel 6.
- The bed was fine, not a Westin luxury bed, but comfortable and I slept well. The pillows were large and soft. A previous reviewer had mentioned bed-bugs, I had no such issue.
- My room had a queen bed, table & chair, a counter with compartments below, an area to hang your clothing (with those hangers that you can't steal) and a large older type tv with very limited cable channels.
- The air conditioning unit worked very well and was not too loud.
- This Motel 6 has a micro and fridge in the rooms, which most don't. As with most other Motel 6's, no in-room coffeemaker is provided. I'm not sure about coffee in the office area as I walked straight to the Denny's next door for breakfast..
- The bathroom is different than most Motel 6's as it has tub shower instead of just a shower stall. From older reviews I see that this used to be a Super 8 Motel and this must be why. The bath towels, hand towels & wash clothes (2 of each) were clean and of adequate size and thickness. There are 2 bars of soap, but, as with most Motel 6's, no shampoo or hair dryer is provided.
- Rooms are accessed via an interior hallway, which is also different than most Motel 6's. The hallway was adequately lighted and clean.
- The outdoor pool was open, blue and clean. There is also a jacuzzi.at the pool which was also open and I saw a couple of people using.
- The only complaints I might have is that the wall(s) in the room were "barren" and could use a picture or two; most Motel 6's have some sort of picture(s) on the walls and I also would have liked to have more tv channels available.

All in all, I found the Cameron Park Motel 6 to be CLEAN, well kept, comfortable and very good for the "price point" at which it's at. Not certain how the property was handled in the past, but my experience was positive, I will return and would encourage others to give it a try.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

we pulled into this motel on our way to lake Tahoe -we usually do not stop but since it was raining very heavily we decided to stopover as visibility was very bad
We were greeted by a friendly staff who showed us a room -rate was acceptable , the room was clean good size room --nothing fancy but was clean-there was an Ac but we did not need it as it was not hot -there was coffee in the morning in the office lobby--the place is nice and serene just off the freeway --easy access in and out

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reno
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

Upon arriving my girlfriend quickly inquired as to why the rooms facing the front of the building all had mattresses blocking the windows. That should have been our first clue to seek other accomodations. The motel itself looked hardly inhabited and with good reason. The entire operation looked as if it was going out of business which I can only assume is a matter of time. Although the young girl running the lobby was very nice and helpful, it could not disguise the overwhelming sparcity and bleakness of the hotel. Our "first" room was no exception. It had a bed and nothing else...no table, no desk, only a big empty spot where another bed used to be. This and the suffocating stench of cleaning chemicals was enough for us to request another room. Second mistake. Although the second room had no potent chemical smell and a bit more in terms of furniture there was not a single picture on any wall. But for the kicker, while taking a quick power nap we discover some other guests staying with us in the bed...bed bugs. Yup, you heard it right. Little tick like bugs of various sizes, bright red with fresh blood. After squishing a few on the pillow we proceeded to pack our belongings, marched to the lobby with the blood spotted pillow in hand and requested a full refund. The nice girl at the front desk cooperated fully and didnt seem to surprised. We checked into the Quality Inn across the street where for a bit more money we received a very nice comfortable stay. Do yourself the favor and do not go near the Motel 6 in Cameron Park.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

My grown daughter and I have stayed at numerous Motel 6's over the years to save money, and have come to expect a certain standard: bare bones, but clean and well maintained lodgings. This Motel 6 is an exception, with a dingy exterior and a muddy-colored swimming pool. Outside doors are propped open with rocks at all hours and cigarette butts are strewn around the entrances. The room appeared recently painted, but had an overpowering perfumey smell when the A/C unit (which was missing half its buttons) was turned on, the pillows were lumpy, the mattress sides were heavily stained, the plastic shower head worked poorly, and there was a gob of toothpaste on the towel bar. The room itself was vacuumed, but hallway floors and stairs were dirty and the guest laundry was out of order. This neglected motel needs to have a change in management or lose its Motel 6 status!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

I recently attended a wedding near Cameron Park, where the couple to be married listed this Motel 6 at the top of the "Places to Stay" list. The room wasn't clean. The AC knobs were broken. The toilet was dirty. Worst yet, my boyfriend woke up the next morning with an allergic reaction to something on his pillowcase. His whole face puffed up. I have been nautious with stomach cramps for the whole 5 days since we left there.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Placerville,Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2008

I drove from the bay area, it was late and I couldn't make it up the hill to my home due to a snow storm. The room was cold and the heater didn't work well. Sheets were dirty stained. One tiny bar of soap was provided. I then booked a room for my elderly parents next to my room. they found hair on the bed after removing the comforter, the bed was like straw and very uncomfortable. Yes, price was just $10 cheaper then a motel accross the street. We should have gone there like our instinct told us to. The clerk was very nice!! I won't be recomending this hotel to anyone. Most Motel 6 have been affordable and very saisfying.

• Liked — Not much
  • Disliked — For the area this motel was extremely dissapointing.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2007

I was looking for an affordable place to sleep and shower while up in that area for a wedding and have usually had good luck with Motel 6's. I drove 10 hours and arrived after 9 PM, tired and looking to close my eyes for the night. The place was dark when I got there but not even the darkness could disguise the mold/mildew odor in the corridor on the way to my room. I dismissed it as " oh well what can you expect for the cost". After entering my room I noticed the best light I could get was comparible to a yellow bug-light. There were no drawers in the dresser and the "closet' was a 2 foot pole attached to a wall. When I pulled the sheets back I noticed the linen was stained. I turned the comforter inside out and slept on top of it. Luckily it was warm enough in the room to sleep without covers. In fact it got even warmer the next morning but I couldn't do anything about that since all the knobs on the AC were broken off. I checked out about 9 AM and went to find somewhere else to stay. I notified the motel management and Motel 6 with an email and all either of them replied with was a " sorry you didn't like it". I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody.

• Liked — Close to freeway.
  • Disliked — Very dirty.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Cameron Park? Share your experiences!