“Ok” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cameron Park
London, UK
“Ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped for the night on way to Tahoe. Although initial observation was that it looked nice, the hotel was quite dated. It was a comfortable sleep, but the whole experience felt rundown. The door was incredibly thin, the balcony leading to room (on 2nd floor) seemed very dated. Did not feel particularly safe. The room was dusty around the edges. The bathroom was very basic. Breakfast was fair. However, it was good value for what was paid. Staff were very friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Jose, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

As others stated, this is an older property, but the grounds and outside are clean and in good repair. My wife and I stayed here while attending a wedding in the area. While the buildings are older, the rooms themselves appear to have been updated relatively recently. The bed was very comfortable, and there's a modern desk and chest. The bathroom was adequate, and also had updated fixtures. The rooms are smaller, but not tiny.

One thing I was worried about, was the noise....I'm a light sleeper, and have had bad experiences at similar properties. So, I was somewhat apprehensive when we arrived (never having seen the property before) and even more so, when I learned from the front desk that they were expecting a full/busy night.

But even though there was a fire crew, with 4-5 large trucks, and a full parking lot otherwise....I never a sound from either outside or the other rooms. Maybe I was just lucky, but it was a pleasant surprise.

There's a small pool area that looked to be well maintained and clean (we didn't use it during our stay).

If I were in the area again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is an older property. It's been different names over the years. It's currently part of the Quality Inn family.

If you can't tolerate old motel properties this is not the place for you. Stay at the hotels in Folsom.

Pros:

* Close to Shingle Springs. We have relatives nearby, so this is close for us
* Cheap. Nightly rates were $79 the week we stayed. They also have a weekly rate of $400.

Cons:

*Older property. This is not a "charming" place. It is what it is, an old style motel. The balcony walkway floors tilt at slight angle in places.

Problems the week we stayed.
* Broken washing machine in the laundry room.
* Breakfast area was a mess. (OK, everyone wants a free breakfast with their economy hotel. But you get what you pay for!). The cheap slobs eating breakfast earlier in the day made a huge mess in the serving area. Hotel did not clean until breakfast was over.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here a few night to visit family and attend a wedding. We arrived well past midnight, but received a warm welcome from Vickie. The bed is probably one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on, and has feather pillows. The room is super quiet, yet amazingly easy to get to, right off the interstate. The area has lots of nice restaurants, including McDonald's right across the street. There is also a Safeway in walking distance, and drug stores very near. This is not the Ritz, but for a good night's sleep and friendly staff, I would absolutely return.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sutherlin, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was easy to find. Priced well for its location. The room was clean. Had I cooktop in the room, if a guy needed to cook he could. They have a pan and silverware, which surprised me. Two thumbs up great stay.

• Stayed March 2013
pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Provides a reasonably clean and comfortable space for an overnight stay - Would hesitate to stay for more than a day.

(1) Carpet was worn down and housekeeping did not do a good job of cleaning it. Felt a bit yucky - though not enough to leave the hotel. Had my shoes on all the time. Take away one star.

(2) Bathroom was clean - though had an issue where there was no hot water for the evening - was restored sometime during the night after a couple of complaints (not much staff on property apart from the friendly receptionist who had to call in for help). Take away second star.

(3) Bed Linen, while clean, did not appear to be fresh (a reuse from previous guest ?). Beds were comfortable - not too soft.

(4) Room had a functional fridge, microwave flat screen TV and hair dryer

(5) Room Heater was functional, new and quiet

(6) Wifi signal was strong and worked

(7) Parking was convenient - right outside ground floor room door

(8) Breakfast area was cramped - food was fresh - 2 types of cereals, eggs, make-your-waffles, fruits, muffins, bread, bagels, 2 juice, coffee, yogurt, fruits - Typical of other Quality Inn breakfasts I have had

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Corvallis, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Read this entire entry if you are considering staying here!
Before booking, I checked reviews on-line......most were passable but several were scathing. I wondered about these but booked rooms anyway for the convenience to our destination. Big mistake. When we booked, they were training a new reception clerk. We asked for 2 rooms, assumed we had 2 rooms and got a confirmation #. All set - right? Wrong! When we arrived, we were told we only had one room. They acted like it was our fault - the manager kept saying –“you have to have 2 confirmation #'s for 2 rooms.” There was no reasoning with him. He was very confrontational. I was actually frightened because his temper kept escalating. Since it was a holiday and we had come a long way, we were feeling pretty helpless. The first night they had a vacancy - so we got 2 rooms. (One for my husband and myself and one for my sister.) But the second night our only option was to stay in their "conference room they don't normally rent out". They did offer us a discount on the room rate. They should have let us stay for free! It was a big hollow storage room with extra furniture stacked. It had faded, stained carpet, outdated decor and a cracked window. The Murphy beds were literally right on the floor. The hair dryer and TV remote didn't work. Especially disturbing – the deadbolt didn’t work. It was in a dark, back corner next to the noisy freeway (Hwy 50). I've stayed in some pretty sketchy places in Eastern Europe but they looked like the Hilton compared to this. At checkout when we complained, the manager said he could have rented that room five times over since it was a holiday and that we needed to pay full price. He was right in our face like a dog with a bone and wouldn’t budge an inch. This man does not have the people skills to be in a management position in a service profession. I left feeling like I was back in middle school getting picked on by the classroom bully. I’m still feeling angry and wronged. We will NEVER stay there again. Quality Inn needs to rethink their association with this poorly managed and rundown motel.
Post Script - To the manager's credit, we weren't sleeping in our car the 2nd night and when our visa bill arrived in the mail, we did get a discount on the second night. However, we were charged more for the rooms than the price quoted when we booked (unless El Dorado County has a 25% tourism tax).

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!