“Excellent meal - great ambiance” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Cameron Park
Cuisines: Mexican
northern california-east bay
“Excellent meal - great ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Our family enjoyed a get-together for a birthday tonight and I have to say the meal(s) were excellent. We had a group of about 25 and had a variety of meals and each one was excellent and unique and tasty. They were very accommodating with our group and seated us upstairs in the private dining room and afterwards my wife and I enjoyed some time in the patio with some relaxing music and great atmosphere. This is a nice restaurant!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Just different enough to keep me coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

On appearance, it looks like another Mexican restaurant, but its not. The menu has the typical items, yet they are all kicked up a couple notches. The ingredients are fresh and always seasoned to perfection. Try the bottlecaps!

The staff is friendly and very efficient. We are never waiting to get their attention, they seem to know when we need something.

We've been many times and will continue to go.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shingle Springs, California
“A Step Above the Usual Mexican Restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband suggested Mexican, but I wanted something a little different. So glad we went here.

The meal started out with a big bowl of warm tortilla chips and a selection of 3 different dips - pico de gallo, creamy bean, and a hot salsa. All were delicious. My husband had Mexican beer on draft, which was a reasonable (as nice restaurants go) $4.

There were enchiladas, burritos and tacos, fajitas, and chili verdi. But, there were a lot of other dishes, too. I chose a dish that was a blend of beef strips, bacon, onion, thinly sliced green peppers, and a little cheese. So delicious!! It was served with your choice of tortillas, a bed of shredded lettuce with fresh, sliced avocado and tomatoes. Cilantro rice and black beans were served with the meal. I asked about substitutions for black beans - they would substitute refried beans. Service was very good.

We went to this restaurant when they first opened over a year ago. They've updated the menu and improved the service. We were very impressed and will probably go back again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rescue, California
“Good mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love their chips and 3 dips and their guacamole is great. They're drink menu is awesome. Everything I've tried off of it has been delicious. The foods a little pricey but still good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Fancy Mex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Fresh Mex.! Beautifully presented, lots of Choices on the Menu, bar area. Great service too! What's not to love. We have been here three times and will return.

Visited June 2013