“Excellent meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Cameron Park, California
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Our son and his wife took us here for our 40th anniversary. Each of us ordered a different meal and each meal was absolutely delicious and beautifully prepared. The wait staff was very nice and helpful. After the meal, they gave us a free, delicious dessert just to help us celebrate our anniversary. Great meal, great experience. We would highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rescue, California
“Delicious food for lunch and dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

ZacJack Bistro is a fairly new restaurant in this community. There is a nice atmosphere with indoor and patio dining. I first ate at ZacJack Bistro for dinner with relatives and the calamari steak was mouth watering. A week later, I returned for lunch with friends and ordered the hamburger. I was given a choice of how I'd like my burger cooked, and choosing medium it was delicious. I'm looking forward to returning and trying other items on the menu.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sacramento, California
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is one of my favorite restaurants - I will drive 30 minutes to go there for a meal. Ate there three times in a 24-hour period this weekend and really enjoyed every meal - the two people I brought there raved about it.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Folsom, California
“I don't understand the other reviews!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was really shocked after reading the other reviews of ZacJack. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and the food to be excellent. In fact, for the price I found it to be a much better deal than most places in the greater Sacramento area. We started with the special appetizer which was a beer battered asparagus - it was delicious and not at all greasy. Next we had their wonderful Caesar salad which was a bargain. For entrees I had the Steak Frites and my wife had the Boneless Short Rib, both were delicious and absolutely fork tender. Our server was cute, helpful, attentive and friendly. Her only mistake was not wiping off the table betweeen courses, but it wasn't as though there was a big mess. Ok, now for the BOMB - their St. Honore cake dessert is the absolute GREATEST! It's a custrad filled pastry with whipped cream and caramelized edges sitting in a pool of caramel and chocolate sauce. Not only is it big, but it's the best dessert I've had in years. I love this place and recommend it highly. So there all you negativeistas!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Placerville, California
“Won't Be Back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

My friends and I gave this resturant several chances. Although the food was OK, everytime we went we were never able to have our first choice and sometimes second choice of meal because they either ran out or didn't have it. The same with the wine. I can overlook this problem, however, the owner of the resturant was so extremely rude, and actually gave us dirty looks as we were leaving, as if she didn't know we saw her. We had ordered a pizza that was suppose to have fresh basil. When it was presented without it and we asked about it, the owner said we were wrong. When we pointed out the words "fresh basil" she said the chef changed his mind. Also the pizza ingredients were tossed all on the same side instead of distributed all over. Again, the owner made us feel like she was doing us a favor. Its was the worst experience at a resturant I have ever experienced, that even if the food was fabulous, I wouldn't return just because of the owner. Too bad.

• Visited May 2011