“Most serene and rejuvinating place” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6700 Moonstone Beach Drive, Cambria, CA 93428   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cambria
Tucson, AZ
“Most serene and rejuvinating place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

This place is just about perfect! Fireplace in the room looks out toward the ocean and a nature walk. Super quiet place. The most absolute best staff I have been to, I was treated with special care and kindness during my stay. Everything I needed was there. Rooms were large and luxurious, beds comfortable, huge bathroom. If it wasn't so far from me I would be there every chance I got!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
SF Bay Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

I was very pleased with the room and customer service. I was a little apprehensive about staying at a Best Western, but I was happily surprised. The location is fantastic! You are literally across the street from the beach and Hearst Castle is nearby. We received great customer service from the reception desk to the janitorial staff. My only complaint is that the rooms are on the first level. I usually prefer a second or higher floor.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

We decided to stay at BW Fireside Inn after checking out other hotels on the Moonstone Beach strip. Although a bit pricey, this hotel best suited our needs. Front desk guy was very nice and from my hometown. Maids were friendly as well. Our room was clean and comfortable, close to all area attractions. They also offer a nice continental breakfast with the best waffle maker in all of California, YUM! We also received some discount coupons for a future stay. That was a nice touch. I love Cambria and will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Norfolk England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

We did a random stop at Moonstone beach on our 2 day drive from San Fran to LA, was welcomed by George who gave us an amazing price of $109 - room was spacious and clean, beds very comfortable. Hotel pool looked very clean and well looked after and was heated for those brave enough to cope with the wind! Breakfast was good for me as I was finding US breakfasts too much, I was desperate for cereal etc but was not what my husband likes. Location wise is only a walk across from the beach area which was full of wildlife. We watched the sunset which was fab, the next morning we took an early walk and were fortunate enough to watch some dolphins having a bit of fun in the bay. Only negative was food for the evening - what is it with CA with shutting down so early! Anyway we found somewhere in Cambria but it was pretty yuk but took away the rumbles for a while. That is the only thing that would stop me going back - the hotel I would go back to.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
SFBayArea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

We chose this motel after reading tripadvisor reviews. The motel is 3 small one story buildings containing small typical motel rooms with tiny patios that are grouped together and inches away from the parking lot. A few of the most expensive rooms in front have patios that actually overlook the ocean which is across the road. The motel is one of a dozen or more that are packed together along Moonstone Beach Drive. They all look about the same from the road. Yes, the location is fabulous because the pacific is just gorgeous but this motel itself is nothing special.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

We stayed here after a long drive from Yosemite, to be positioned to visit Hearst Castle (about 6 miles away) the next morning. Moonstone Beach has a boardwalk along it which makes a nice walk. The motel itself was clean and nicely decorated, with a TV, and wireless Internet. There were 4 of us in one room, so we were tight. While our patio was not facing the beach, there were a few tables and chairs on the front of the property where we sat and watched the sunset.

Continental breakfast is included. A short walk away is a restaurant (nice view, seemed pricey for entrees, but I presume appetizers and a drink would be possible, we didn't eat there).

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

Spent two weeks travelling in California and this hotel was the most expensive by far,$70 more expensive than the Venetian in Vegas.
When I look at what it offered I could not understand why it is so expensive apart from being right on the seashore and 5 minute drive to Hearst Castle and your room has an imitation coal fire..
It has a very small room for Continental Breakfast, no Bar and no Restaurant although 5 minutes walk will take you to the Moonstone Inn that serves lovely dinners at reasonable prices.
Rooms were very clean and spacious with Free Internet Access.
Staff on check in were very friendly.
Small Pool Area but unfortunately never got the time to try it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Fireside Inn on Moonstone Beach? Share your experiences!