“Best fresh salsa I have ever had” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 44 Restaurants in Cambria
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Best fresh salsa I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

This not California Mex but food is great. More like what you would get in Guadalajara or somewhere deep in Mexico. There salsa is really a fresca but is so good you can eat it by the spoonful and put it on everything. Great Chili dishes. Super fresh. Cook only uses one kind of cheese-very Mexican. Highly recommend for a different experience than the CalMex one usually gets.

lakwood,ca
“Best mexican food in Cambria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

my daughter and i had dinner at the creekside at night when they serve mexican food. This place may be small but it is the best mexican food we had and i am mexican. The service was great everyone was very friendly,highly recommend it!!!!!!!

Santa Rosa, CA
“Great Mex...off of main”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

My husband and my son (3 years) stumbled across the Creekside while parking our car off the main street in Cambria. The wonderful smells coming from inside were beckoning us. I had the Mexican Pizza, my husband had the taco salad and my son had the old standby grilled cheese and fries. Our food was fabulous. Portions are huge and everything seemed really fresh. We sat outside on the patio and listed to the trickling of the creek and fountain. There are heaters out there, so it's nice even on a brisk day. Service was very friendly and the bathrooms were really clean and smelled like they were cleaned often. Pricing was just right as well. I think the grilled cheese for my son was $5 and our meals were around $8 or so. We saw some people eating burgers next to us and the presentation looked great and they seemed really happy as well. Check it out!

Alta Loma, CA
“Decent food at the Creekside Gardens Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2008

My wife and I stopped into Cambria to take a look around on our way to Hearst Castle. When we arrived, we decided to get a light lunch. After looking at a few menus outside restaurants, we finally settled on the Creekside Gardens Cafe as they offered a half-sandwich with either soup, salad or potato salad for a reasonable price as well as a nice little covered area in back where you can eat while you can enjoy the outdoors. My wife ordered the BLT with a side salad while I ordered the BLT with avocado and the soup of the day (Chicken Tortilla). The sandwiches were good, with thick slices of bacon, crisp lettuce, and juicy tomatoes on nice toasted sourdough. The side salad was basically just lettuce and croutons with salad dressing on the side. The Chicken Tortilla soup was decent, with a creamy base and nice chunks of chicken, avocado, and tortilla strips with a generous sprinkling of cheese. The soup was good, but it lacked the spicy kick that most Chicken Tortilla soups I've had have. When I was getting ready to pay, I found out that the restaurant didn't take credit cards. After seeing that their ATM machine on the premises was out of order, I ended up walking a block and a half to the Bank of America so I could pay for lunch. After I came back from the bank, I finally saw the little sign on the side wall that stated "No Credit Cards Accepted". If you decide to eat here, make sure you've got some cash on you.

vallejo, CA
“Fresh Mex in Cambria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2008

Great casual cafe in Cambria. One of the few places open past 9pm on a week night and with a good sized parking lot. Everything on the menu was under $12. I had the chili verde dinner and my husband had the carne asada dinner, each only $9.50 and included rice, beans, and homemade tortillas (the corn tortillas were fresh & excellent). The freshly made chips & salsa were also great. Very friendly & responsive service.