“Nice surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
California
“Nice surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The food was just wonderful and we stopped in for our last dinner in town. We asked two local shop keepers of a place to have dinner and both people said Indigo Moon. It was a good choice.

Visited January 2014

San Luis Obispo, California
“Made me sorry we hadn't eaten here before.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had passed this spot dozens of times over the years. We were in Cambria on the record breaking hottest January day ever...80ish. I mention this because the restaurant has a very nice expansive patio but it was too hot to be outside. Anyway the service was excellent, the ambiance very pleasant, and the food very good. My wife had swordfish that I had never seen as thin and as wide and it was terrific. I had their grilled chicken, brie, and apple sandwich, also very good. The test of any restaurant is will you go back. The Indigo Moon...Definately.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santiago, Chile
“Thank you for the great food !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Food was simple and delicious. We had the cheese and fig/olive tapenade crostini, the goat cheese and yam empanadas, the shrimp spaghetti with fresh tomatoes, white wine and lemon. Everything was so tasty. Simple dishes with a few fresh ingredients which worked together, that was perfect. We went to another famous place in Cambria the day before, I don't know why it has a better rank but it's our opinion.

Service was nice, we asked for the shrimp to be on the side and it was no big deal. The check was right for the experience. It was the cheapest restaurant during our stay and yet, one of our favorite dinners. We'll be back !

Visited January 2014
bloomington, IL
“Garden lunch - great sandwich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stopped here by recommendation on our trip through Cambria for lunch. We were seated in the covered part of the garden and it was very quaint. Our service was "okay", but not super attentive. One waitress was busy talking to her friend instead of servicing others. But, for me, the food was worth the trip. I had the chicken/apple/onion jam/brie sandwich and it was fabulous! My husband was not quite as amored as he had the burger which was good, but undercooked even though he asked for it to be cooked all the way through. I would go back just for the taste of my sandwich and for the outside eating area. Give it a try.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent flavors, pleasant friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stopped by for lunch, my husband ordered the crab cakes and I ordered the soup special, pumpkin/garbanzo/tahini soup. The trio of crabs were crisp,light and full of flavor. My soup was amazing. The flavors were complex, it was light, creamy, and filling. The only thing that would have made it better was spiced toasted pumpkin seeds to garnish the top. We will definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends.