“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 44 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view
Description: Sit back...Relax...Enjoy Open for Lunch, Dinner and Sunday Brunch.
UK
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were staying at the Fireside, so it was great to just walk up the drive of an evening to the restaurant. Great outside eating area and the food it great - portions not too big. Service always excellent.

Visited September 2012

Stratford, Connecticut
“Superb Frutti di Mare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a very busy restaurant because of the sunset view and wonderful food. There are outdoor tables overlooking the Pacific Ocean, wonderful, if it's not too chilly. The bar was a friendly, crowded place (perhaps not big enough for the wait times for a table here). One can eat at the bar, as I did. Service there was excellent. The dish of seafood with linguine was amazing. A huge portion that I was sure I wouldn't finish, but it was so good, I came close. It had tender calamari, jumbo shrimps, baby clams, salmon -- all in a yummy, delicate broth. My mouth waters thinking of it again. The patron next to me matched her glass of wine with a plate of the most crispy, thin, delectable sweet potato fries on earth, I think. Fun and yummy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SoCal
“Convenient and comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill was just a few doors down from our lodging on Moonstone Beach Drive. We were tired after a day of wine tasting in Paso Robles and seeing the sea lions on the San Simeon beach so we decided to walk over to the restaurant. We didn't have reservations, but it was well after the sunset crowd. The staff was very friendly and we had lovely service. The meal was tasty, a bit heavy if one is used to lighter cuisine. But all in all it was a nice way to finish a bustling day. As I was leaving, I asked the "host" what happened to all the stones on the beach. He said visitors had taken so many that only a few were left. He gave me a tiny moonstone which was a sweet gesture.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Morro Bay, California
“Great Reuben”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The view is fantastic, and if outside gets a little chilly, they have fleece blankets available.
Their 'Coconut Shrimp' without a doubt, are the best I have ever tasted, and the Reuben is a close second.
Portions are huge, and they don't offer half orders. So if you can't eat it all, take some home for later.

London, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ate here while staying in Moonstone overnight - we couldn't be bothered to walk far so after a bracing walk along the beach, stopped in for a few drinks and a bite to eat. The bar service was great, and weren't pestered like you can be in some bars. the food was a little pricey we thought and out waiter brought our mains while we were still eating our starters - which he could see and instead of offering to take them away again and keep them hot while we finished, he just put them down on the table. So we had to eat both at the same time so neither went cold. Both were good, but I didn't like having to do that and the waiter should have taken them away again.

It was okay, but I'd probably try somewhere else if we ended up in moonstone again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere