“Great place to crash the night” 5 of 5 stars

You added Cambria Palms Motel to your Saves list
Cambria Palms Motel
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   2662 Main Street, Cambria, CA 93428   |
Ranked #15 of 29 Cambria B&B and Inns
“Great place to crash the night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Safe and comfy. Can't complain, very nice bed, has tv and clean kicthen felt safe staying here and staff really nice. Other than yukky tasting water, which isn't there fault! Not too shabby! Good price! :D

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here for one night in September. This was an overnight stay for visiting Hearst Castle. Cambria itself is a lovely town and the sunset on Moonstone Beach is not to be missed. We stayed in the rooms next to the firepit. The room looked like it had been recently modernised. It was clean & tidy. I would recommend this Motel to anyone. The price was excellent and was about 50% less than what we paid elsewhere in California on our tour. The lady at the reception was very friendly and recommended places to eat in the town. A great little motel.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking firepit.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Half Moon Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I recently stayed for one night at the Cambria Palms and was very pleasantly surprised - I think this will be the motel I use from now on when I visit Cambria, and I go there a lot.

I had stayed at the Palms a couple of years ago, when they were still in the process of renovating it. My experience was good at that time, but even better now, I was happy to see that they have added down comforters and that the floors are hardwood. They also have upgraded the TVs to flat screens instead of the little ones they supplied before. They added a bike rack outside with "cruiser"-type bikes the guests can ride into town.

My room and bathroom were clean, clean, clean - check-in was easy and pleasant, and the front desk person was very nice and helpful. Since I was just passing thru and only spending one night (and traveling alone), I didn't spend much time in the gardens in back, but they looked beautiful. They added a fire pit that was lit at sunset, along with chairs to relax in. I also took a walk down the street to the vacant lot/dog park (about a half block away) in the evening, and totally enjoyed myself listening to the owls in the trees, the creek, and enjoying the view. I found myself wishing that I could stay another night, but was unable to do so.

If you haven't been to the Cambria Palms for a while, I'd encourage you to visit it again - wonderful!

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the motel (it's one-story) are the ones that lead directly out to thega...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Julian, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We made a spontaneous detour on our way back from Santa Cruz and couldn't believe the good price on this motel. We drove up, half expecting it to be a dump....but it was exactly the opposite. Very clean and tidy! The woman at the desk (I'm sorry but I've forgotten her name) was very friendly, helping direct us to an awesome place for dinner and making the reservation for us. Walkable to town and in a town so beautiful and charming (and in California) I can't believe there are places this decent for less than $100. Wow! No frills (pools, weight rooms) but we never use those things anyway, so it's nice not to have to pay for them.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I took our parents on a surprise road trip up to Hearst Castle from Los Angeles. We wanted to keep our expenses as low as possible when it came to lodging. When researching hotels and areas to stay in Cambria Palms was the lowest price. I researched the hotel and neighborhood since we have never been. I liked what I read about the town and even with mixed reviews of the hotel I figured we would wing it because we were just staying over night literally to shower and sleep.

When we pulled up to the hotel it was exactly what I expected, an old style motel with a modern flare. When we checked in the 2 men at the front (possible owners) were welcoming and informative about the town. Since we requested 2 rooms we asked for a joint room and we got one no problem. The door was locked when we first got into our rooms but the hotel clerk quickly unlocked it for us.

The rooms seemed newly updated, clean and the bed was comfortable. It was walking distance into the cute little town of Cambria and about an 8 mile ride to Hearst Castle. It was a relatively quiet hotel. When we first arrived around 5pm there were dogs barking since it's a dog friendly hotel. I don't mind though, I'm a dog person. Thankfully the barking all died down and by bed time it was quiet! My husband and I and the parents (in their 60's) all had a very good nights sleep.

My only request is that there be more outlets in the bathroom, made it hard to dry my hair.

I would for sure recommend this motel to anyone staying for the weekend especially if you have a dog.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed two nights in a room without air conditioning, telephone, any kind of door security (not even a peephole or chain lock) and very basic furnishings. The best part of this place is the exterior, which looks inviting and has good parking. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Santa Barbara, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

This motel was built in the 1950's and has been fairly recently updated to include new baths, flat screen TVs and great beds. The location is on the outskirts of Cambria and within easy walking distance to restaurants, bars, grocery store and a great bakery. The property is extremely clean and the landscaping is beautifully kept. The rooms are a comfortable size and fairly simple. The one caveat I would point out is the possibility of having an "adjoining room". We had the misfortune to have one of these rooms the first night we were there and the family next door sounded like they were in the same room we were. On the other side we had a solid was and heard no noise from our neighbor. Fortunately the second night, the adjoining room was vacant. You do hear noise from the parking lot but fortunately, everyone seems to go to be about 10pm and it is very quiet after that.
The office is only open a few hours in the morning and then again at 3:00pm until evening.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if the room is an adjoining room. If you are not sharing it with your party, opt for...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cambria Palms Motel? Share your experiences!