“Never Again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Moonstone Inn

Moonstone Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambria
Moonstone Inn
You added Moonstone Inn to your Saves list
5860 Moonstone Beach Drive, Cambria, CA 93428   |
Ranked #28 of 29 Cambria B&B and Inns
Home
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2004

Its an old motel. Poor furnishings, Poor amenities (spa was broken), poor view, poor hosts. We recommend the Pelican Suites.

• Stayed January 2003

Business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2004

My husband and I spent a wonderful night at this Bed and Breakfast. The room was wonderful - with everything that you could need (including binoculars for viewing the sea otters playing in the waves) and big thick robes to wear on your way to the hot tub. The food and wine were wonderful and the management was perfect. I can not wait to go back for a longer visit.

Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2004

I was very disappointed with my room. It looked to be decorated with bits and pieces picked up at garage sales. It rather reminded me of a bed and breakfast "wanna be". I also did not think it was very clean. The back of both the bathroom door and the entrance doors were quite dirty with fingermarks, etc. I did not know when I booked the room that my ocean view would require me to open the curtains and peer over the tops of the cars in the parking lot while other people were walking past my window. The bed was comfortable, but the walls are very thin. They did bring a nice breakfast to my room in the morning, however. Also, the host was on the phone both when I checked in and checked out. Hardly any attention was given to me either time. He didn't explain the use of the facilities, check out time, etc. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2004
San Ramon, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2004

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Moonstone Inn. When we first arrived, we were a little unsure, as the set-up of the hotel is motel-style, with parking spots in front of all the rooms. However, many of the properties are like this in Cambria. But we were very pleased with our spacious room. We really liked the little touches, such as wine, cheese, and grapes in our room when we arrived, and the fact that they bring you a very nice continental breakfast to your room in the morning. Plus, it was nice to have binoculars in the room to use on the beach. The location across the street from Moonstone Beach was fantastic, and you are still a very short drive to the town of Cambria. Another real plus was that we could book a room just for Saturday night, while many properties in Cambria require a 2-night minimum on the weekend. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2004
san francisco, ca.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2004

Stayed one night. All properties on this drive are excellent locations, so unless you know for sure, its pretty much a coin toss where to stay. We picked a balcony, ocean view room. It was large with fireplace and jacuzzi tub, huge shower. The balcony was nice but for some odd reason no dividers between the balconies so no privacy at all, otherwise its a nice place, with beautiful view and access to ocean directly across the street.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2004

Great location across from surfing beach, this property is being run as a Bed and Breakfast. Our second floor room was small but beautifully furnished and very comfortable. We had a fridge, terry robes, binoculars. Wine, cheese and crackers in the afternoon and scrumptious continental breakfast in the morning were brought to our room on an elegant silver tray. Only 11 rooms, but well run by genial host.

Been to Moonstone Inn? Share your experiences!