“Sunset ride” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Equestrian Trails, Tours, Sports
Seal Beach Usa
“Sunset ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

In Cambria for Thanksgiving weekend and rode horses with friends of ours. Horses at Outback Trail Rides were well looked after, healthy, trim and mild mannered. Mick the owner and Heather had an obvious love for their job. They made the ride interesting pointing out land marks and giving a history of the land. We took the sunset ride which took us up onto a beautiful vista overlooking the ocean. A perfect end to our great day! Thanks Mick and Heather we will be back to ride again next time we are in town!

Visited November 2012

Lake Arrowhead, California
“the trails are a bit boring”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I got put on a horse that needed to go on a diet and made my ride excruciating, the guide was very nice, however, and it was close to where we stayed, next time I will not keep quiet and ask for a skinner horse.

Visited June 2012
“Had a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I have bee horse back trail riding about 6 times. This was by far the best experience. We had an awesome guide, Mick. He is super friendly and let us go a little fast a few times, which was so fun. The horses were all well behaved. The view was phenomenal. The hour and a half we spent for 75 each was well worth it. I wasn't sore at all when I got off but my fiancé and a few others were. I think it depends on age, sex, etc. But it was a great time. I would highly recommend this to everyone. I never do reviews, but felt like I had to commend this business with an awesome review.

4 attraction reviews
“Sundowner ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stopped here on our drive up the coast from LA to SF. It was a cool ride, despite the fact that my husband and I had not ridden horses since childhood! The horses were very mild-mannered and clearly are used to each other's temperaments- mine was "in a mood" the evening of our ride and liked to get very close to the horse in front of us, but it was fine! Other than that, the horses were great and did exactly what they were supposed to do! The guides were nice and knowledgable, and answered all of our questions. The one thing that bothered me a little was that our guide was texting during the ride- it wasn't at a time when someone needed her, so i suppose it was fine, i just felt that it wasn't the MOST appropriate time for it. Otherwise, it was really fun and the view of the ocean from the cliff at the back of the ranch was breathtaking!

Atascadero, California
“Wonderful day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My friend and I truly enjoyed ourselves on the ride today. We took in stunning views from the hill tops, and the horses were so much fun! Our trail leaders were so helpful to us two "greenhorns" and they made sure we were well taken care of. Next time we would like to take the later tour in the evening so we can maybe see some wildlife. If you love horseback riding, this is the place to come.

Visited September 2012