“Cambria at it's best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 10 hotels in Cambria
Exeter, CA
“Cambria at it's best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

We stayed two nights in Cambria at the El Colibri Hotel & Spa in January 2012. The accommodations were great and the staff was friendly. It was our anniversary and friends called ahead and ordered a cheese/fruit tray. The hotel staff sprinkled rose petals and chocolates on the bed with a personalized note from the manager! We could not have been more surprised or happy. Robes are supplied to access the 24 hour spa. Continental breakfast was nice. We will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We arrived there on our anniversary week and were not disappointed, well a little because we had to leave the next morning for are drive to Mendocino. This is a spa/hotel with private parking underneath it. New and very nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Fontainebleau, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Very cure a romantic hotel.
Although it is situated just off the highway, the rooms are new and are equipped well enough to more than compensate for the location.
The staff was extremely helpful, offering us advise about what to see and where to go.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My Mom and I shared a weekend of relaxing and exploring. We stayed 2 nights at El Colibri. We enjoyed their wine tasting and spa treatments. We relaxed in their spa and enjoyed the fireplace in our room. The resort and room were clean and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We would return.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Norwich, Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed inSeptember 2010, after we had taken on the mamouth drive from San Fran, down the coastal roads ( including 'The Big Sur') and really should of allowed a little more time to absord all of the amazing sites along the way... all of this meant that we were navigating the wibbly wobbly roads of the Big Sur in darkness (and in the September fog!) so by the time we had arrived, we were a little releived to have made it to our hotel (with enough gas!).

We could have ended up at any hotel and felt relief... but this place, wot a welcome sight it was, a plush room, very much a spa hotel, from the little we saw of it (having arrived so late). we managed to muster up some energy to leave our room for a visit to the outdoor jacuzzi on a little terrace- the perfect place to relax and un-wind, the only (very slight) shame was that there was no view from the jacuzzi- that would've been the cherry on top, but it was lovely all the same.

It was a very quiet hotel, as you might hope to find in a spa hotel and we had a very restful and relaxing stay. The beds were super comfy, the room had a lovely ambience of calm & comfort, with a view over the gardens. The bathroom - beautifully clean, spacious, with modern finishings, a walk-in shower and a bath (separate- which I love!), soft fluffy robes and the usual cute little toiletries.

Breakfast had a 'healthy theme' with plenty of cereals and fresh fruit, bagels etc although I think from what I recall there were some not quite so healthy options too i.e. pastries/ muffins etc.

We only stayed the one night on our way through to LA, but I'm sure this place would be worthy of a longer stay, especially if you plan to use the spa facilities. There's also a castle nearby which you could visit, not to mention the numerous parks scattered along the coastal road north of Cambria.

All in all- I would definiately stop here if we pass by again and absolutely recommend this place to my friends, family... and to you :D

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I stayed at the El Colibri Hotel for two nights in December, 2011. Although there are many hotels/motels in Cambria, I chose the El Colibri because it looked a little more upscale than some of the motor lodges that faced the beach. I chose right.

The hotel is modern and very clean. There are only 34 rooms, so it is fairly small and intimate. I stayed in an executive jacuzzi king room on the 2nd floor, which is the top floor. The room was huge and comfortable. The bathroom had beautiful tile floors, a jacuzzi tub and a separate shower. The four-poster king bed was very comfortable, and the linens were top quality. There were bathrobes in the room to wear when visiting the spa, which had a steam room and an outdoor community jacuzzi. The corner room had a fireplace and a lovely view of the woods outside. When I opened the large windows, I could hear the ocean just beyond the trees. The beach is accessible via a lovely stroll on a wooden boardwalk.

The staff was professional and friendly. I felt very welcome from the moment I arrived. The smoke detector in my room was chirping when I checked in, and someone came to change the battery within 10 minutes of my call to the front desk. They offered restaurant recommendations, and were very sincere.

Unlike many other hotels, I never felt nickel-and-dimed. Wifi was free. Parking was convenient and complimentary. The continental breakfast was also included, and it was served in a lovely lounge with a fireplace. It was the perfect start to the day.

I recommend the Black Cat Bistro for dinner, which is on Main Street, just a short walk or drive from the hotel. Also, there is a magnificent hike on the bluff above the ocean at Fiscalini Ranch, which is a five minute drive from the hotel. Of course, the wineries in Paso Robles are a 30-minute drive away, along a gorgeously scenic highway.

I highly recommend the El Colibri. I cannot think of anything that didn't meet or exceed my expectations during my visit!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the woods, away from the main road. They are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Oakley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Very nice clean room. Large bathroom. Nice fireplace. Great service. We were on the top floor and opened the window to hear the ocean. Very quality hotel. The continental breakfast was very good and healthy. Yogurt, 6 types of fruit, bagels, scones, toast, cereal, oatmeal, granola, and more. The wooden walkway to the beach begins right outside the hotel. Nice short walk. Could also walk right across the street to the downtown area. Look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ocean side to hear the ocean and not the hwy traffic.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to El Colibri Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!