“Excellent Chinese food” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 42 restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Fresno, California
“Excellent Chinese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great little Chinese restaurant in Cambria. We ate there for lunch during our recent weekend getaway to Cambria. Food was fresh, taste was excellent (the ingredients were obviously very fresh), and the dining experience was pleasant, nice and quiet. Specifically, we ordered kung pao chicken, egg drop soup, egg rolls, and one other dish I cannot remember (we ordered the lunch combination plates). Portion sizes were just right - not too big, not too little. Staff were very attentive, but not intrusive, letting us dine and checking up on us from time to time. Restrooms were clean and spotless. Decor was simple and inviting.

This is definitely some of the best Chinese food I've had in a long time. Very satisfying meal - and this is not a boast, but believe me, that's a compliment from this New Olreans native who knows good food and how it should taste. If the food and service here are consistent with what we experienced on our visit, then this restaurant is definitely a place to dine when visiting Cambria.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Los Angeles, California
“Traditional Chinese restaurant by appearance, family owned, great food...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was recommended this place by a local who eats there all the time...it is in the heart of the east village,on a side street off of Burton...staff very attentive and helpful...jasmine tea delivered to the table very quickly as i was perusing the menu...they do deliver locally...was delighted with the ambiance, food, service, will be going back when i'm back in town...

Visited September 2013
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that I was a little underwhelmed by this place.

Food:

The food was well cooked by lacked flavour, tasting like supermarket ready meals. The starters were overpriced and not great, whereas the mains were cheap and well cooked, if not a little bland.

Service:

The service was polite and friendly, but it didn't blow me away. Like the food, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.

Verdict:

Unless you really need to eat, and you're on a tight budget, choose somewhere else.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cambria, California
“Keep going”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have tried this place three times and all three times I ended up in the facilities for a long time! Tons of MSG and I don't no what kind of oil they cook with but stomach ache for days! People, brag about this place, I don't get it, the food is cold and bland and did I mention you will be in the bathroom very soon after? Too bad too, cause Cambria needs a good Japanses or Chinese Bistro.

Visited July 2013
Cupertino, California
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

FOOD:
We tried a couple of dishes here and were underwhelmed. The food was not at all authentic and was rather unappetizing. The dragon bistro curry chicken was too watery and had an over abundance of crunchy celery. And the honey garlic chicken was heavily breaded and cloyingly sweet.

SERVICE:
The service was slow but friendly.

PRICE:
Our bill averaged out to around $15 per person.

Visited June 2013