“Great location, picnic breakfast which you can eat on the beach” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
MIDWEEK SPECIAL 30% OFF
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Cambria
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great location, picnic breakfast which you can eat on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Blue Dolphin Inn when on holiday in California in October 2013.

We had such a wonderful time and could not recommend it enough!

The location is fantastic - right on the beach, which is perfect for walks and views.

You can order a "picnic" breakfast which is delivered to your room, and allows you to take your breakfast out to eat on the beach, listening to the surf and watching surfers.

Our room was large, with a huge comfortable bed and big fluffy dressing gowns - it was also clean and cosy.

On arrival the reception team welcomed me using my new married name and had organised for a cake to welcome us in our room. It was a very nice touch which made us feel very special.

Couldn't recommend it enough!

Room Tip: If you are celebrating a special occasion please let reception know as they will make you feel very...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen F, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your very nice comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is so nice to hear that the “little things” provided can make a special occasion memorable.

We hope to see you return soon.
Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Buena Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Though we have been to Cambria a few times before, this was our first experience with the Blue Dolphin Inn. We will make Blue Dolphin Inn our go-to place for the area from now on. The rooms were sized well. The view (even the partial-view room we had) was great. The hotel was quiet. The beach boardwalk is just across the road. The sitting areas in front to watch the sun set was nice. And the detail to even the smallest of amenities was appreciated. We had fresh baked cookies in our room each day. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the breakfasts they provide. Having a Keurig coffee machine in each room really won me over since I was able to bring my own favorites from home as well as enjoying the ones they provided. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, as we did make a few requests of them which they followed up on immediately.

Only two improvements that I can think of: (1) Better air circulation in the hallways. They were a bit warm and stuffy feeling. (2) Better shower heads. They are big and round and don't provide sufficient concentrated flow of water. It was difficult trying to rinse shampoo out of long hair with only a mild rain shower. I ended up sticking my head under the bath-tub water flow to rinse out my hair.

Overall this Inn made our Thanksgiving trip with another couple very pleasant and relaxing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen F, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Hello Angela,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Blue Dolphin Inn during the Thanksgiving weekend. My staff appreciates that our guest acknowledges our little attention to details. It is important to us that we provide each and every guest with a superior customer experience. I have also informed our maintenance engineer to inspect the shower head. I am sure that it is something that he can remedy quickly.
I hope you return again soon!
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Absolutely loved our weekend getaway to Cambria. The Inn was a pleasant surprise, nice room, clean, well appointed, and the sounds of the surf outside our window. Quiet, relaxing atmosphere. Beach boardwalk right across the street.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Bob,
Thank you for your staying with us at Blue Dolphin Inn. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that is was quiet and relaxing. It is so important to us that we provide a nice and comfortable guest experience. We hope to see you again!
Happy Holidays
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Wow, I was blown away by the blue dolphin inn! I did not expect the room to be as elevated as it was. It had a beautiful bathroom, huge king bed, plush carpeting, fireplace, and we also had views of moon stone beach! They upgraded us to a room right in front facing the ocean, and we slept with the windows open and fell asleep to the sound of the ocean. What a hidden gem on the coast of California!

If you are driving up to Big Sur or Napa from here...you MUST stop at the Elephant Seal vista point on the way! They were SO cute, and very close to Cambria (probably an hour)?

I am very critical of Inn's and was so pleased with my stay! I definitely recommend the Blue Dolphin Inn as the perfect couples getaway.

Room Tip: Ocean front! If you do not want to worry about leaving the screen door open on the 1st level near th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen F, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at BDI. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations. Your comments are very important to us so we can continue to provide a superior customer experience.
We hope that you return again soon.
Regards
San Lorenzo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We took a 4 day tour of the Paso Robles - Cambria - Big Sur areas for our 20 anniversary. My husband booked one of the named rooms at the Blue Dolphin Inn for a romantic evening and were we ever impressed - beautiful huge four-poster bed, fireplace and an ocean view. Spectacular view, watching the sun set, listening to the crashing waves all night, a magical setting. The attention to detail at this Inn was impressive - we will certainly be back and for longer than just one night.

Room Tip: definitely worth the little extra for a named room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen F, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us for your 20th anniversary. I am glad that you enjoyed your accommodations. Moonstone Beach is such a great location for special occasions. It is so nice to be across the street from the boardwalk and within in walking distance to the Moonstone Beach Bar and Grill and Sea Chest. I will let my staff know that you were happy with the service and attention to detail.
I am glad that we met your expectations and we hope that you return again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Blue Dolphin Inn is one of my two favorite places to stay in Cambria - the other being its sister hotel the Sand Pebbles Inn. You can't go wrong staying in either hotel, but if you are looking for a romantic or quiet weekend retreat, I would recommend the Blue Dolphin Inn. It's location, right across from the ocean, couldn't be more perfect. There's nothing better than going to sleep listening to the waves. The rooms are spacious and the beds heavenly! There are several good places to eat close by. The climate in Cambria is much more "Mediterranean" than nearby Paso Robles or SLO County, although the proximity to the wineries in both locations makes this an ideal place to stay. I highly recommend an upgrade to a room with an ocean view if available.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a full ocean view. You'll be glad that you did!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen F, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your special weekend. Cambria is such a cute little town and not heavily populated. We like to think of our hotels as providing the “home away from home” feeling. I am glad that we met your expectations at one of our Moonstone Properties.
Hope to see you again soon.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

After a long working weekend and six hours on the road, the Blue Dolphin was a warm welcome. Even better was our ocean view room. With the sounds of the surf, cool ocean air an excellent sleep on a luxuriously king bed in a divinely

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very nice comments. I am glad that you enjoyed the sound of the surf while taking in the beautiful ocean view.
Please come and see us again soon!

Been to Blue Dolphin Inn? Share your experiences!