“Always Special” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Soquel, California
“Always Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was our fourth visit to the Blue Dolphin Inn and each has been perfect. From the greeters at check in to the wonderful room and comfy bed. We've come in August and November and we have to say the weather in Nov. is the best. Blue skies and calm ocean. Breakfast is delivered to your room and is always tasty. My only issue is the too soft pillows that don't support side sleepers or people with bad necks but I will just bring my own pillow from now on because we won't stop coming to Blue Dolphin Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen F, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us four times (WOW)! I am glad that you are happy with the accommodations and our guest service staff. We constantly strive to provide a superior customer experience each and every time. I will let the owners know about your dissatisfaction with the pillows. We can consider other options prior to your next visit, so that you will not have to bring pillow in tow. Please mention this at the time of your reservation or give me a call personally.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We spent 2 nights here as part of a road trip and found it a great spot to just relax and recharge our batteries. We had one of the rooms with a patio looking out over the sea and I'd highly recommend paying the extra to stay in one of these. The rooms are lovely and romantic with a large Jacuzzi bath. We didn't need to use the fire but I'm sure had we needed to, it would have added to the lovely feel of the room. The staff were very helpful and the breakfasts that are made on site and then delivered to your room at a time that suits you, were really tasty. I couldn't eat everything first thing and the way things were presented meant we could save things for a mid morning snack.
Lots of sea life and on an early morning run we saw dolphins feeding close into the shore - magic.

Room Tip: Pay for a room with a patio
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen F, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations. It is our top priority to provide our guest with a clean and comfortable accommodation.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Herts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Lovely room (209) with great sea views. Spacious, comfortable and clean, not keen on breakfast in a box and for the money felt overall it was a little bit overpriced. Nowhere to sit out in the grounds but apart from that a good inn with friendly staff and great location, right on the beach with a lovely boardwalk. Saw dolphins, lots of birds, seals and great sunsets - very peaceful and relaxing. Cambria town nearby and very nice to visit, good shops and we were there for the October Scarecrow festival which was amazing

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen F, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations with regards to breakfast. We are always considering new ideas to enhance the guest experience. I will forward this information on to the owners. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the Scare Crow Festival, it is such a wonderful time to be in Cambria. December can also be an enjoyable time to visit the area, “Holiday in the Pines”. On December 6th, the local merchants host “Holiday in the Pines Open House”. Stroll the streets, enjoy treats and festivities at the Village Open House.
We hope that you return again soon!
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here for one night whilst travelling between LA and San Francisco. Whilst I was travelling alone, this adults only hotel is clearly set up for couples.

The staff on the desk were helpful and friendly, and my standard King Size room at the back of the property was very pleasant. It was large, beautifully decorated with a lovely atmospheric fireplace, a clean and compact bathroom with lovely toiletries, cookes, chocolates and a great coffee machine all there ready for me to enjoy. In the morning my breakfast was delivered to my room, which was a really nice way of doing it. Very nice.

The location of the hotel, adjacent to Moonstone Beach, is a wonderful location. I enjoyed a stroll along the beachfront to watch the seals, and wandered down to the shore to watch the sunset. All this would have been much more fun if I had had my beau along with me for the trip. Indeed, from the guest book in my hotel room, many of the previous occupants seem to have been happy couples on their honeymoon.

All in all I thought this hotel was really lovely. The only things stopping me from giving it 5 spots on my review was that my room wasn't ready at the check in time of 3pm. I had to wait until 3.30pm until they had finished cleaning it, which really isn't acceptable when the advertised check in time is 3. Furthermore, I could not get the wifi to work on my iPad. The very helpful desk staff attempted to assist me, but to no avail. I'm not sure why the wifi in this place was an issue, but being so far away from home it's really a dealbreaker for me to be able to get onto my email and be able to Skype my loved-ones.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Karen F, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on Moonstone Beach. I am excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I am sorry that you experienced problems with the WIFI. I checked with our IT department and apparently the router near your guest room was unplugged. My maintenance department has taken the necessary precautions to prevent this from happening in the future. I appreciate your comments and hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Sincerely
White Stone, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

On our trip up CA. route 1, we had the pleasure of staying here in Cambria. This is a wonderful, small inn located right on the Pacific. Rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. We had a view of the ocean and enjoyed a cocktail in the room in front of the fireplace. Yes, all the rooms have fireplaces. Breakfast, ordered the evening before, was delivered to our room. I enjoyed a fresh bagel filled with lots of smoked salmon and cream cheese. What a start to the day. My only regret is that we had to move on and could not stay longer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so lucky to be just footsteps away from the boardwalk and within walking distances of two restaurants. As you may know, we are considered to be the sea lion “station” for the area. What a beautiful time to be at the coast enjoying life.
We look forward to seeing you again when traveling the central coast.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the beach side, and only draw back u had to share patio with 3 people. Other wise very nice. You get to choose your breakfast tell them what time u want it and its there. I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
Karen F, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for your “awesome” review. Your feedback helps us maintain our high customer service standards.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Regards
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at the Blue Dolphin on a road trip from LA to San Francisco on the pacific Coast highway on the 18th October 2013. It very easy to find just off highway one. The lady on reception was very good, very friendly taking the time to tell me where we were in relation to the local town of Cambria and where the local eateries are.

The hotel is very well finished, tasteful decor and cosy rooms, it is right on the sea front so more off the jaw-dropping sunsets we had been getting all week.

Breakfast is ordered the night before and delivered to your room, very tasty it was.

A great hotel, my only criticism was it was touch more expensive than I though it should have been in relation to the places we had stayed this week.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen F, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on Moonstone Beach. It is nice to hear that you were able to take in at least one beautiful evening sunset. I appreciate your very nice comments on our accommodations. I am glad that we met your expectations.
We look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future.
Regards,

Been to Blue Dolphin Inn? Share your experiences!