“quintissential chinese” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Southern California
“quintissential chinese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Nothing spectacular but I remember always coming here for the chinese new year. Lots to choose from.

Camarillo, California
“Long-time Local Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Very tasty chinese food. Extensive menu. Can be a little chaotic when ordering for take out, but well worth the possible wait.

Owner is very friendly and runs a tight ship.

Camarillo
“What you would expect from a Chinese restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Nice and quiet inside - same menu you would find anywhere. Owner takes great pride is very accommodating and has been in Cam for as long as I can remember. Standard food.

california
“Finally found some great Chinese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

had a hard time finding a chinese restaurant that beats my old favorite, but I think i've found my new favorite. Food was GREAT, prices were fair, and service was good enough. The only strange thing was our server (possibly owner) watching me tip on our bill. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Camarillo, California
“Great food, but the service was a joke...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

I've been a loyal customer at Chesters Asia for about 15 years. The food is still better than ever, but the service is almost non-existent at the cashiers station. We ordered take out for dinner at Chester's on Friday night. When we arrived I apporached the counter, gave the cashier my name. The cashier started talking very loud about weekend plans with her two teenage friends who had just walked in sitting beind the pick up line. For several minutes she talked over the growing line forming behind me, ignoring me and the other customers. Mid-sentace with her friends, she gave me my total, swiped my credit card and continued chatting away. A customer sitting next to the girls chatting with the cashier interupted the loud converation and asked "is that my food?" and the cashier said "I dont know" and kept chatting away with her friends, never even checking on that woman's food. I asked if there was a problem since she had ran my credit card about five minutes earlier and no progress was being made in completeing the tranaction. She looked down at the phone line and said "ugh, he's on the phone again and he knows thats my credit card line!", so of course, she started chatting with her friends again and told them she'd seat them close by so they could continue their chat. It took another waitress to point out to her that the phone line was now free, my receipt printed and she handed it over for me to sign. I was incredibly happy this awkward transaction was coming to an end when she walked away to chat face to face with her friends without giving me my food and abandoning the line of people waiting for their pick-up orders. I had to find another waitress to get my order. All I could do was laugh at how unperfessional and immature this cashier was and how unfortunate this otherwise great restaurant is by having this person represent them to the public. Poor service by one individual, still great food.

• Visited March 2011