“Just Don't Expect Much, You'll be Okay” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 170 restaurants in Camarillo
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Just Don't Expect Much, You'll be Okay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I didn't feel like cooking and my husband and I both had a very long day at work . He decided he just wanted a low key restaurant. We had never been to Bandits and I didn't seek advice from Trip Advisor, I could go on and on but to sum it up the service was so slow and neglectful. It wasn't busy at all and all our server did was talk with the bartender and men seated at the bar. I had to get up and go to her to ask for another round, a side of this and then another side and more water. When I'd approach her she acted like a I was interfering in her private life. I had to go ask for our bill and then waited through 2 brand new drinks to hope she would come pick the money off the table. Finally I walked up to her at the bar talking to a man and her the check and the money. I have her a $100 and our check was $65.04. She didn't move away from the man she was talking to while holding my money for a good 10 minutes. Finally I went and asked her if I could get my change. She said in this voice like I was completely stupid while talking down to me, I didn't know you wanted change. Well I do, please. She came back and tossed the $35 on our table without removing 1 single dirty dish. I'm looking at my $20, $10 and $5, no $1. For some reason this was the last straw and I got up and asked her where my change part of my change was? She said, I don't carry change its too heavy. I Informed her I would like all my change that's due back. I am the biggest over tipper in the world and always am in charge if tipping when we go out. This time I told my husband I can't give her what she deserves because I've never stiffed a server or even tipped less than 17% but its up to you. I'll leave so I don't see what you give her and don't tell me how much, The food was your basic greasy bar food. I called the manager when we got home but he seemed totally disinterested.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Camarillo, California
“Typical BBQ/Bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Only Visited twice. Service was adequate, and food was average for this type restaurant. Typicak bbq/bar selections.

Quartz Hill, California
“Old west meets Camarillo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The restaurant is in a convenient location close to the freeway. We were sat promptly for lunch on a warm Saturday afternoon. Inside was nice,cool and refreshing with a sort of old west decor. Both regular and strawberry lemonades were tasty and thirst quenching. Great lunch menu selection (Even for some of the picky people of us five). Each person in my party was satisfied with their meals, which varied from grilled chicken sandwich, pulled pork, grilled shrimp and grilled chicken salad all nicely portioned. Patrons all around us seemed to be pleased as well. Great friendly attentive servers and Manager. I normally eat at Woodhouse Ranch Grill in Camarillo but I prefer Bandits over them.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
oxnard
“locals favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Close to the freeway and in a shopping center so parking is not a problem .full service bar and food. great specials and happy hour. kids love it and the wife too. lot's of t.v. and interesting walls. Service is top notch. fast and good.

Visited October 2012
ojai
“Food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Enjoyed with family. Lunch special consists of tri tip sandwich,garden salad with blue cheese and garlic french fries. Many other choices at reasonable prices.

• Visited January 2013