“Too loud” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Los Angeles, California
“Too loud”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Although the room was clean and the staff was friendly, we will not stay here again. The room was not quiet. The road that runs past the hotel was full of loud trucks, cars and motorcycles all night. We could also hear the people down the hall each time they went in and out of their room, the doors have a very loud slam. Also, we knew each time someone took a shower. That coupled with an extremely hard bed, I was only able to sleep for about an hour. There was no local information available on local restaurants, no information about when and where breakfast was being served, also, now I may be getting picky but the only trashcan available was in the bathroom. Also, I had to go down to the front desk to get some soap because there had not been any left in the room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wildomar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

prepaid $120 on Expedia, the rate was ok i guess for a saturday night reservation. Honestly, there was really nothing special about this hotel. Because of the past advertising of Holiday Inn Express I expected more. It really didn't offer more then a Red Roof Inn or a Best Western. The room might be slightly upgraded but not enough to notice. For a late night checkin in a busy community it was fine. I have no complaints. The hotel was sold out for people walking in but I suspect all the hotels in the area were sold out. The room and hotel felt like a $89 room, not a $120 room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
CA Central Coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

This was the worst HIE I have experienced, and has caused my wife to complain everytime I suggest we try a Holiday Inn hotel. We arrived late on a Friday night after a long dinner with drinks and gambling at the Chumash farther north. The front desk clerk was very kind and identified us as Platinum members. He happily reported we would get a suite and gave us a small gift bag of an apple, cookies, and a water. Something I always appreciate.

The room was nothing I would call a suite. It did have a tiny snack/kitchen area, and it had a half wall partition with a sofa bed. The room was very old, but was clean. It's all I could demand. The problem did not arise until bed time. The bed was like sleeping on a board. I am not saying this was a firm bed, it was like plywood. I am a 200lb man, and I measured, my body did not sink more than a tenth of an inch into the mattress. After tossing and turning I sleepily went downstairs to ask for another room, or something to help.

He was very polite and apologetic, and said he could give me additional bedding to help soften the mattress. I accepted. I ended up on the sofa bed wrapped in a extra comforter. Needless to say I got 2 hours of sleep.

The next morning I wearily went to breakfast. My only complaint was that everything in that breakfast bar was styrofoam. Including the tray. I am a big environmentalist, but we produced so much trash for that tiny breakfast . I would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Dear Holiday Inn Express Management, hello there, this is 2011 calling. We are glad to see that you offer free Wi-Fi for your guests. However, you seem to have failed to notice that Wi-Fi generally involves communication and devices such as laptops and IPads. People traveling on business (and pleasure, frequently) generally have these items and like to be able to lock them in a secure place while they visit the pool and/or restaurant. Most of other hotels of your service class provide something known as an IN-ROOM SAFE so that guests can secure their valuable electronics when not in the room. You should look into this so that your business guests don’t have to hike down to lock their electronic devices in the trunk of their car every time they wish to leave their rooms.

Your clean rooms are to be commended, as is your general property management. We also want to note that most modern hotels don’t make their guests call down to the front desk to get a CODE in order to use the Wi-Fi – or if there is a code, it is printed clearly on signage or marketing materials in the room. Which brings us to the fact that your in-room materials are factually incorrect and refer to an earlier system that was apparently in place several years previously. An update would be a good idea.

Please stand by for another incoming call, this one is from 1972 and they would like their beds back. A snazzy flat screen TV is no substitute for a good mattress, we are sorry to say.

We enjoyed your hotel and certainly want to suggest to future travelers that they ask for rooms on the side of the hotel facing AWAY from the 101 Freeway, which you can hit with an artfully tossed rock from the balcony of the hotel.

Much thanks, 2011 and business travelers everywhere.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Stayed here for business for a few days. The location is next to a restaurant, but not much anything else. You will need a car here. The room was just mediocre and there was a leak in the hallway; the ceiling was dripping and wetting the floor. Beyond that, this hotel was just average....not very good, yet not completely terrible.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here on our way to San Francisco. Located near freeway, so very easy to get to, but our room was very quiet. Clean and very nicely appointed, very comfortable bed. Reasonably good breakfast, Friendly staff - good restaurants in area.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
mybeach101
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

This is a bit no frills, but a good value for the price. My kids (teens) loved the pool and jacuzzi. The front desk was helpful and pleasant.

The breakfast was really good.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Camarillo? Share your experiences!