“Noisy but awesome food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 179 Restaurants in Camarillo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bar, Oyster Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Restaurant Hours: SUN-THUR 11:30am-9:00pm FRI-SAT 11:30am-10:00pm Happy Hour Sunday All day until 6:00 PM Monday - Friday 4:00 - 6:00 PM. Private Dining Room and Patio seating available! Lure Fish House was created with the goal of providing you with a Top Tier Seafood Experience featuring fresh and sustainable seafood from trusted sources. Our restaurant strives to provide locally caught seafood, organically grown local produce, and wines from local vineyards whenever possible. We also feature a full bar with specialty cocktails, and an oyster bar serving a variety of fresh items that can vary daily. Lure specializes in Mesquite charbroiled seafood while also providing uniquely prepared selections by our chef. We print our menus daily to reflect availability and guarantee freshness. Our primary goal is to provide you, our guest, a fun and exciting seafood experience. So just remember, "if you are looking for a healthy and delicious dish...Eat more fish!"
“Noisy but awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We went here while on travel based on the reviews in trip advisor. We sat in the bar and in between two baseball games had a wonderful dinner. Crab cakes were lovely as were our cocktails and desert was great. Price not cheap but not unreasonable for the area and the fine food.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great place for fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Nice decorated and with a big bar. The oysters are fresh and very good. I have been here 4 times and 4 times everything was ok. The trout is very nice.

Visited July 2014
Camarillo, California
“Best seafood restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The food is consistently good, and for that reason, the place is always crowded, especially on the weekends. However, you can usually find a table in the bar area, although the noise level there is especially high.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chula Vista, California
“Holiday Weekend Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I will start this review by stating that I am probably hooked (no pun intended) on this restaurant. It was a holiday weekend and my sister flew in from New York to visit me in San Diego. We decided to take a trip up to Santa Barbara and stayed near Camarillo on the return home. I made it a point to stop at Lure once again as I kept bragging to my wife and sister about how good this place was. I was hoping that I did not jinx it by saying that, but I was very pleased with the service, food, and staff. They didn't disappoint yet again!! We arrived around 7 PM and it was somewhat busy. We were seated in minimal time and quickly perused the menu. As this was my fourth trip, I knew exactly where to look for the fish. We ordered two Rockfish and one order of the Wahoo. All came out fairly quickly. The presentation was great, portion was excellent, and the taste was just right!! The dinner meal was just what we needed after a very long day of sightseeing. As I finished paying my bill, I asked for the manager to express our pleasant experience at the Lure. Definitely will be returning again.

NOTE: As an avid TripAdvisor reviewer, I felt that "Lure" has earned one of my Service Excellence pins. I sent a letter to the Manager of Lure along with the pin. As I stated in my letter to the Manager, I only had one pin, so I wanted to express my gratitude to their entire team for making "Lure" a top notch restaurant in my opinion. Great Job!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
SAN JOSE
“Great service and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Haven't been to restaurants in the Camarillo area in a couple of years, and was looking for something I have not tried in the past. Saw the Yelp postings for Lure Fish House and decided to try it. We were told there would be about a 20 minute wait - no problem. Our server, Cody, was extremely helpful. My wife asked about the Vera Cruz style clam chowder since she was tiring of the New England style she had at the past couple of dinners, Cody informed her that it might be a little too spicy for her and suggested how about half and half. The wife proclaimed it to be possibly the best clam chowder she ever had. She also ordered the crab cakes and was very impressed. I had the wild ono, which was excellent. The overall experience was so good that we came back the next night after deciding NOT to eat at what we considered a sub-standard restaurant we were going to try.
Excellent wait staff, and one of the most pleasant hostesses I've ever encountered. Very pleasant, and she REALLY seemed to be enjoying her job. I wish I had caught her name.
The place very much reminds me of Fish Market restaurants in San Jose, Santa Clara, and Redwood City.
This was a Saturday night, and the wait was about 45 minutes. Still worth it.
Negatives - yes all places will have some. Here, it is the noise level. Do not even consider carrying on a table conversation. Sound levels approach boiler factory volume. Small price to pay for such a good dining experience.

• Visited May 2014