“Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout, Delivery
Thousand Oaks, California
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I must say, the cake I ordered for my daughter's 21st birthday celebration was the worst! Six years ago when my older daughter got married, we almost went with this bakery for her wedding cake as when we tasted, it was very good. My middle daughter was turning 21 and I decided to order from the Bread Basket based on that experience. Needless to say, it was the worst!! Way too much filling and NO cake at all. Very soggy and the cake in general had absolutely no flavor!!!! I ordered the vanilla cake with Kahlua moose filling, vanilla buttercream frosting. Very bland, the decorations were mute when I specifically asked that they make it very festive and colorful for her 21st birthday, stating that she was a very "girly" girl. The cake was garnished with strawberries, VERY OUT OF SEASON, mute colors etc. VERY DISAPPOINTED and I will not return!!

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Newbury Park, California
“save your money and yourself a headache- find another bakery”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

first and foremost, i have been a resident of ventura county for 23+ years, and have always heard and experienced nothing but excellence from bread basket. so much so, that i have referred them to numerous friends and family. unfortunately, when it came to my wedding just recently, it was a complete and utter nightmare. when you pay for minimum wage help, that's what you're going to get- mediocre & snot attitude customer service, A MESSED UP ORDER ON MY WEDDING DAY, and all-in-all, a "never again" kind of feeling. not only did i get the run around from numerous staff about a standard product that THEY CARRY DAILY, and numerous voice mails left on my phone about it, when i asked 3 TIMES to speak to an owner, i never heard a peep! if this is how you run your business, i fear for your future. worst wedding vendor i've EVER dealt with. if you want a great tasting cake- go with them, they make the best. if you'd rather save yourself the hassle and stupidity of dealing with them- go with skiff's!

• Visited July 2011