“Would recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Calistoga
Basingstoke
“Would recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here when visiting Calistoga and Old Faithful. Pleasantly surprised. Beautiful views surround the hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was large and very clean. I tried the hot tub which was as hot as it should be! We walked into Calistoga for dinner (can be very pricy) but you do have to walk along part of the road from the Hotel in complete darkness which I didn't like. No blankets in room if you get cold but front desk will provide upon request. Complimentaty breakfast was excellent. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

A nice place on the edge of town with a great pool and hot tub. The rooms are private and quiet. The views are nice from the rooms. They even had a wine and cheese event for al of us.. You can walk to town or drive. The price is a bit steep but so are most places in Calistoga. A bit annoying that at $185/night they charge extra for a cot for a child and didn't provide enough blankets. The area is gorgeous!

Room Tip: Get a room that faces east to the hills - very quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
James F, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stevenson Manor, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear LorraineTSeattle,

Thank you for the valued feedback on your recent stay with us at the Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your mountain view accommodations and our bonus complimentary wine and cheese tasting. As we were fully committed during the weekend you were staying with us, we were not able to offer you accommodations with 2-double beds. All of our guest rooms do have an extra blanket and pillow in the closet. We also offer a complimentary full hot breakfast each day and have an outdoor heated pool, hot tub, dry sauna and steam room at the hotel. We also provide AAA/AARP, government discounts as well as special discount promotions via our hotel web site. I do hope that you decide to stay with us again to fully experience what we have to offer.

Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel location. I've gotten to know that the "Plus" in the name of the hotel usually means that they offer extra amenities and it's a nicer property. The rooms are great! We had a standard 2 double bed room and I was pleasantly surprised to see the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom! It's very comfortable and relaxing. Even though the beds are double size, I slept fine (I'm used to a queen or full usually). The hotel hot breakfast in the morning was also great and better than expected. They offer scrambled eggs that are very fresh and fluffy and tasted great. Among the selections, they also had nice big slices of whole wheat bread that was also very yummy. We received a discount for attending the Chateau Montelena House Party, but looking at their standard pricing I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It's a great location and the staff is great. Thank you for offering relaxing rooms, great amenities. We will be back again very soon!

Room Tip: First floor rooms you can hear people above you walking around, but it wasn't bad.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
James F, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stevenson Manor, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Hilary,

Thank you so very kindly for the glowing review of our hotel and your most recent stay with us. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your room with 2-double beds with whirlpool jet tub. Thank you as well on your feedback with our complimentary hot breakfast. Our pancakes are sure a hit with adults and kids alike. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Calistoga area.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I wanted to stay at the Spa next door but they were full. I looked for the closest hotel to the spa and it was the Best Western. I was booking on the same day I arrived driving up to Calistoga. James gave me the last king size bed room and I do not like hotels but this one I would stay in again. Clean, friendly, helpful in any questions I had about the area and the bonus was a hot breakfast included in the price of the room. When I arrived cookies where in the oven and fruit in a basket with apples and oranges. Coffee available all day until 9pm. It just felt nice. I didn't have any complains just wanted to have a spa treatment that day and visit a winery the next day. For this stay it was perfect.

Room Tip: King rooms have a balcony.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room was spacious but without fresh air. Felt like very humid or moldy smell. We reserved the suite for 3 people but linens were provide for additional $30 for third person. This end up being almost 200 per night which is for Best Western is too high.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
James F, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stevenson Manor, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Yulia S,

Thank you for your candid feedback on your recent stay with us at the Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor. I'm pleased to hear that you found our King Suites very spacious for your group of three people. We do charge an additional $15 for the sofa sleeper and $10 for the thrid adult in the room as this information was confirmed during your reservation. As you can see from all of our prior reviews, we pride ourselves on providing thoroughly clean and comfortable accommodations for all of our hotel guests. I would be more than happy to speak with you further about your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

(707) 942-1112
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have nothing but good experiences when it comes to the Best Western Plus brand. However, best western in calistoga stands out even more.
Rooms were spacious, cozy, comfortable, and above all, extremely clean. I was sick during my stay, and the rooms i occupied ( balcony room and the King suite with fireplace), were perfectly comfortable for my recovery. But above all, it was the staff that made our stay memorable. They were considerate, warm, caring, and very professional.
Perhaps it is because it's Calistoga, a small unpretentious town in Napa Valley. Or perhaps the mineral hot springs for which the town is known for, mellows everyone out. Whatever it is, we will continue to be regulars at this establishment because of their wonderful hospitality and very clean , comfortable rooms. Having no elevators do not face me at all.... It is no inconvenience.
Thank you to all the staff for their kindness and professionalism.
oh, by the way, we forgot a couple of items at the hotel and they immediately contacted us that they have it. Honesty, follow through, and concern continue to be their hallmarks. Every hotel should aspire to be just like Best Western Stevenson Manor when it comes to their management style and caring staff....

Room Tip: The King suite with fireplace was excellent. Having a minikitchen helps as well. All rooms have this...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Stevenson Manor? Share your experiences!