“From Trip Advisor Ratings, I Expected A LOT... And A LOT is What I Got” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Stevenson Manor

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Fountain Valley, California
“From Trip Advisor Ratings, I Expected A LOT... And A LOT is What I Got”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I travel quite a bit so we have used Trip Advisor many times for our trips. I have NEVER written a review; this hotel inspired me to write my FIRST TripAdvisor Review!

I'll keep it short... It was our 3rd year anniversary and I just mentioned on the notes that I was hoping to get the mountain view. They over exceeded my expectations. I got the mtn view AND a bottle of wine & a bag of See's chocolates!

Other Good Stuff:

- Arrival at the lobby was quick and friendly
- Lobby hostess was knowledgeable and willing to help(Jacqueline was her name I believe)
- Room is just as gorgeous as the professional pictures you see online(you know most hotels look better on pictures, this one was exactly the same)
- The hotel as a whole pays attention to detail. For example, classical music on our music player was already playing as we checked into our room.

Bad Stuff:

- NONE! The only bad thing was that we were only able to stay one night then had to leave to SF for a wedding. BUT we'll be back!!!

Room Tip: I did not try the restaurant nor the fitness center due to our short stay.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
James F, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stevenson Manor, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Thaibinh,

Thank you for sharing such a glowing review of our hotel and for allowing us to share in your special anniversary celebration. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the wine and chocolates in your room upon arrival. We love assisting our guests with celebrating special occassions and it sounds like we didn't miss a beat with yours. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit back here to Calistoga.

Warmest Regards,

James Farquhar
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Unfortunately, we were only able to stay one night at the Stevenson Manor. Somehow, the staff found out that it was our 45th anniversary. They had decorated our room by rolling towels forming a wedding cake and covered it with real flower petals. The also left a bottle of Napa Valley Cabernet which was very good! The breakfast was very good and the staff was even better. They gave us a great recommendation for a restaurant and assisted us with directions to various wineries and to out next location. Thank you James Farquhar and your excellent staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, but actually wish we would have stayed longer! We ended up loving Calistoga and the Best Western was an affordable gem! We really were surprised at how nice it was (especially in comparison to the Best Western in Napa that was overpriced and no where near as nice as this property in Calistoga).
We were in a room on the 2nd floor with a balcony. The room was large, bathroom was huge (for a hotel) and everything was so comfortable and clean.
The woman at the front desk who checked us in was so helpful and sweet...wish I could recall her name, but I do remember she was from South Africa. We asked her a bunch if questions and she was very accommodating.
Overall, I would highly recommend the Best Western Stevenson Manor - and Calistoga in general!

• Stayed November 2012
James F, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stevenson Manor, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Jennyp2020,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review on your most recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing the most cleanest accommodations and extraordinary customer service for our hotel guests. I'm pleased to hear that you wished you could have stayed longer with us and that you enjoyed your king balcony bedroom. Thank you for the compliments on Christelle's service that she provided you upon check in. I will certainly pass on the wonderful feedback to her. We look forward to your next visit with us when you return to the Napa Valley.

Warmest Regards,

James Farquhar
Hotel Manager
New Brunswick, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the Napa valley for our anniversary and were greeted with a bottle of wine and the cleanest room we've been in. Great accommodations and close to town. Really enjoyed our stay. Will definitely tell our friends next time we come to the valley.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Stevenson Manor? Share your experiences!