“One of the worst on our trip” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Tennessee
“One of the worst on our trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was not very good. I had a decent salad with the meal but nothing else was worth eating. My mom kept complaining about the water which I had not noticed until she said something. It smelled and tasted bad. Service is just ok. I think there might be a slight language barrier. We won’t be back.

BTW, there isn’t much in Calistoga in the first place. If you can wait to eat, then do it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Ohio
“Food not as good as it should be; easy fixes would make it much better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stopped in for dinner. I liked the bistro ambiance very much, and tables were spaced far enough apart that you could carry on a conversation without sharing it with your neighbors. Unfortunately, the food ranged from good to poor. Service was fine, but not exceptional. Spaghetti and meatballs was, as one prior reviewer noted, not spaghetti but instead linguine. The pasta was overcooked and had not been drained properly and was swimming in water, with red sauce and meatballs on top. It was sent back to be drained. The meatballs lacked in flavor. The "New Orleans Pan-Fried Chicken" had no discernable connection to New Orleans, but the chicken was nicely sauteed and was a good size portion. The accompanying mashed potatoes were very, very salty; I love salty food, and I could barely eat them. A couple of easy fixes - draining the pasta and not using such a heavy hand with the salt - would improve the meal substantially.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Castella, CA
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Menu items were over-priced, and the ambiance was not to our like; however, the service and food were very good.

Visited May 2012
San Francisco, California
“Good enough to visit twice in the same week”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was considering another restaurant with similar cuisine on the next block, but found it too boisterous for my taste so I went here. The first night, I ordered spaghetti and meatballs, which turned out to be linguine and meatballs, but pasta is pasta, right? The sauce was a little bland and watery, but the meatballs were tasty; preceded by a house salad, paired with a good cabernet, and topped off with the brownie sundae dessert, it was a good meal at a decent price with excellent service.

Having read further reviews, I learned that this place also had a good reputation for pizza so that was my order on my second visit--their combination pizza. Since I'm not a fan of olives, I left those off, but neglected to ask whether I could substitute something else. In any event, a house salad, a Stella Artois, and the brownie sundae again made for a great meal.

If there's one detractor about this place, it's the coffee--I found it kinda weak and flavorless, but perhaps that's just me. I might have done better to order a decaf cappuccino, but perhaps I'll consider it the next time I visit (and I do intend to go back if I'm in the area).

Visited August 2012
Clifton Park, New York, United States
“Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Very good sevice. Excellent pizza. Our waitress helped us pick out a local bottle of a red blend to go with our dinner

Visited August 2012