“I love Mark Wilkinson” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort
You added Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort to your Saves list
1507 Lincoln Ave., Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
los gatos
“I love Mark Wilkinson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This Hotel is Vintage and I love it!!!! Has a family run feel and non corporate.
The swimming pools were great and my facial was wonderful by the most caring
and kind staff.

I love the history the spa has with pictures on the walls.

Mark Wilkinson truly cares for the quality of your stay something you do not see
anymore.

Cheers to Hot Springs resort!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Janjack,

Thank you so very much for the kind words! I am so happy that you enjoy your visits here and of course, love the personal comments! Indeed, we are family run and much of our staff has been here for a number of years happily greetng and looking forward to seeing our return guests and meeting new ones!

We are always doing something to subtly upgrade the property without taking away the "feel" of the resort. We just recently replaced most of our televisions with great new flat screens to enjoy after a soak in a pool or a great massage!

Again, my thanks.
Mark Wilkinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My mom, aunt, sister, cousin, and I had a girls getaway at Dr. Wilkinson's. The hotel is very clean but very old. The hi-lo carpet and avocado countertops reminded me of my childhood in the 70s. We were comfortable except for the bright light outside our door at night. I wish there were black out curtains or blinds. The grounds were very nice and the warm pools/hot tubs were nice, too. We set up our own wine and cheese picnic in the courtyard after our fabulous spa day. The staff is constantly walking around making sure the guests are comfortable..."Do you need a towel?" "Would you like bubbles in the hot tub?" It was the best customer service I have received in a long time.

The spa was clean and the staff courteous and professional. I took "The Works" package and it was well priced and delightful. I would do it again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit here with us and hope to see you again soon.! We are always in the process of redoing our rooms and counters and carpets have been changed in many of our rooms. Our King Superiors and Double Queen Superiors have all been redone and wonderful new flat screen t.v.'s have been added!

Hope to see you again soon!

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one evening and were happy with the room as the bed was comfortable but the hotel could definitely do with a little update. Carpet had a couple of stains on them around the sink area that have obviously been there for awhile.

We looked at booking at the spa for a mud bath but were looking for a couples offering as we were on our honeymoon. We decided to go to another spa for our treatments so I can't comment on baths or spa.

Overall - average hotel, comfortable bed but could do with an update.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your comments are well taken and we are in process of redoing many of our rooms. I hope that you give us another try and perhaps stay in one of our King or Double Queen Superior rooms, all of which have been recently renewed with new counters, fixtures, carpeting and flat screen televisions.

Best wishes,
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a great place to stay but it is a motel. If you are not a fan of motel rooms then book a room in the Victorian cottage. Our room was very well furnished - a cut above the motel rooms - and we appreciated being able to share a bottle of wine on the verandah in the evenings. Both the indoor and outdoor pools are excellent and we both had an enjoyable experience at the Spa, albeit separately, so our one suggestion is that when they renovate they make an area for couples.

The location is very good being at the end of Calistoga's main street, close enough to walk in and out of town. This was our first trip to the Napa Valley and we were delighted to see how different Calistoga is from the other town we stayed in, Yountville. Both places have their own special appeal.

Room Tip: Book a room in the Victorian cottage.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Saratoga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Yes, this motel is dated but, I found it clean and a convenient place to stay. The staff was friendly and was in walking distance of town. It was hard to get a wifi signal from our room which was disappointing. We had The Works and it was heaven. Great relaxing trip. Autumn is the perfect time to visit! Lots of great wineries nearby.

Room Tip: The road noise starts at 6 a.m. Try to get a room away from the road.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently took my daughter to Dr. wilkinson's for some much needed R &R....we stayed 2 nights and on the second late morning we got 'the works'! Mud baths, mineral whirlpool bath, steam, wrapped in blankies and then therapeutic massages. My daughters massage therapist was awesome in her words, mine was much more cautious even after I told her that I get deep massage on a regular basis. So I was a little disappointed, however the overall experience was just what we both needed. The attendants are all very nice and very service- oriented.

Our room was very pleasant, clean and updated. We both enjoyed our stay very much and will return again !!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We made a reservation for Labor Day Weekend based on the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. We should have read more carefully. The motel has the visual appeal of a typical old motel. The painted cinderblock walls reminded my friend of his old dorm room or a cellblock. Furniture was crummy with stained carpet and burns marks on the formica countertop. The ambiance of the entire property had me wondering if we were in the wrong place. Not what we were hoping for on a romantic weekend. We checked out after our spa treatment; we didn't even stay in the room for more than a few minutes. Although kind, the staff didn't really care that we were leaving. The owner saw us check out early and he just drove away.
As for the spa, I was shocked to see broken tiles, dirty floors and people walking around barefoot in an environment that should be sanitary. ( I was informed it was so no one slipped on the concrete floors....) I will not even elaborate on the massage that left me in great pain for days afterward.
If you want a funky, outdated property you will be comfortable here. We went to another hotel and had a wonderful time that was comparable in price but 1000 times better in quality. I am not sure what other reviewers saw for their great reviews but it wasn't what we encountered.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Phoenix100,

Such a disappointment to reveive such a slam review! I am overwhelmingly sorry that you did not enjoy your visit here. For whatever reason, I guess that Dr. Wilkinson's is not the place for you and am sorry that your experience here was not good! For the record, none of our countertops have burn marks on them....we've been a non smoking property for more than 20 years. From all of the other reviews on this site the reader can see that we are frequently praised for our cleanliness and attention to detail. I thank you for your kind commets regarding our staff. One last thing, I am the owner and I do not drive so it wasn't me that you saw!!!!!

Mark Wilkinson

Been to Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!