Dr. Wilkinson's hasn't changed much since it was built back in the 60's. Its long modern lines make it standout in Calistoga with a look drawn more from the roadside motels of the period than the small town country aesthetic common throughout the region. Inside, the rooms are large and clean if not luxurious. The beds are reasonably comfortable. As far as value goes, I don't think you can even mention that word and Napa Valley in the same sentence but compared to similar properties in the area the price is fair. Those looking for a luxury spa resort will need to spend 2 to 3 times more. For those looking for a simpler experience and a nice soak in a mineral bath this is a good choice. There are 3 pools to choose from each with a different temperature ranging from cool to hot. They also offer mud baths and massages in the spa.
The location is convenient as well. Dr. Wilkinson's sits at the end of Calistoga's main street and is close to many restaurants, wine tasting and shops. Calistoga sits at the northern end of the Napa Valley and it is only a short drive (though traffic can be horrendous) down to the heart of the wine country. Calistoga also has a different vibe to it. Much of the Napa Valley can be a little pretentious while Calistoga is more Earthy.
- Also Known As:
- Dr. Wilkinson`s Hot Springs Hotel
- Dr. Wilkinson`s Hot Springs Hotel Calistoga
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Resort
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Calistoga landmark offering contemporary lodging and wonderful treatments and pools! Many rooms have been redone in the past two years offering easy access to thre sparkling mineral water pools. Located in the heart of historic downtown Calistoga within steps of numerous restaurants, shops and tasting rooms. ... more less