Our family of four with two small children stayed here over Labor Day weekend. I mention the holiday because the town of Calistoga was more active than it normally might have been, with the dirt track sprint car races at Calistoga Speedway, which we attended. Our room was at the very front of the main building, near the main drag, and traffic noise was noticeable during the daytime hours (nap time) but died down to a trickle each night. The racetrack noise was noticeable too, but only outside and during the evenings.
We had friends staying in adjoining rooms and found the decor in each was different, which seemed a nice touch. Our group made use of the courtyard tables for meals and general gathering. The pools were clean and well appointed with deck chairs and tables. Our kids practically lived in the mineral pools, and the adults made good use of the hot tub and cooler mineral pool on site.
The staff were courteous and helpful. Extra towels for in-room use and pools were available on request.
A very well-stocked grocery is directly across the street, and the restaurants located along the entire main stretch of Lincoln Ave. are in easy walking distance.
At check-out, we reserved rooms for our stay next year and are already looking forward to our time there.
One note on cleanliness: the carpet in our room had some stains (hey, it's wine country after all) but it seemed to me to be inconsistent with the immaculate cleanliness of the rest of the property. However, I was not hesitant to let our kids lounge on the floor while relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Calistoga landmark offering contemporary lodging and wonderful treatments and pools! Contemporary rooms with easy access to three sparkling mineral water pools. Located in the heart of historic downtown Calistoga within steps of numerous restaurants, shops and tasting rooms. Dr. Wilkinson's is a mid-century modern icon in the Napa Valley. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Dr. Wilkinson`s Hot Springs Hotel Calistoga
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Resort
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Hotel