“Great location; updated rooms; relaxed atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort
1507 Lincoln Ave., Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Calistoga
“Great location; updated rooms; relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Our family of four with two small children stayed here over Labor Day weekend. I mention the holiday because the town of Calistoga was more active than it normally might have been, with the dirt track sprint car races at Calistoga Speedway, which we attended. Our room was at the very front of the main building, near the main drag, and traffic noise was noticeable during the daytime hours (nap time) but died down to a trickle each night. The racetrack noise was noticeable too, but only outside and during the evenings.

We had friends staying in adjoining rooms and found the decor in each was different, which seemed a nice touch. Our group made use of the courtyard tables for meals and general gathering. The pools were clean and well appointed with deck chairs and tables. Our kids practically lived in the mineral pools, and the adults made good use of the hot tub and cooler mineral pool on site.

The staff were courteous and helpful. Extra towels for in-room use and pools were available on request.

A very well-stocked grocery is directly across the street, and the restaurants located along the entire main stretch of Lincoln Ave. are in easy walking distance.

At check-out, we reserved rooms for our stay next year and are already looking forward to our time there.

One note on cleanliness: the carpet in our room had some stains (hey, it's wine country after all) but it seemed to me to be inconsistent with the immaculate cleanliness of the rest of the property. However, I was not hesitant to let our kids lounge on the floor while relaxing.

• Stayed August 2013
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thanks so much for your great review! I look forward to seeing you here again net year if not sooner! My apologies for any spots on the carpet. As you've indicated, our standanrds are quite high and housekeeping has addressed the issue.

Again, my thanks and warm best wishes,

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Norwood, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I came upon the lovely little town of Calistoga in 1979. It is a beautiful place with everything you could ever need to enjoy a relaxing,comfortable stay in this sweet little town in the Napa Valley.Now you must know that wine country is not all it's cracked up to be. It's much more than that. I thoroughly enjoy time and again the experience and stay at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort. The location is perfect,close to all whether you are walking or driving. Great restaurants, shops,wineries and local flavor. But the ultimate in comfort has to be the various spa treatments to choose from at Dr. Wilkinson's Resort. The friendly and professional staff will guide you through a most wonderful relaxing luxurious treatment. A mud bath or mineral spring soak with a massage and a swim in the heated pools after, is a great way to start the day. The rooms here are very pleasant and plenty of staff to take care of your every need.It is why year after year I return from Massachusetts to the lovely Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Spring Resort.

Room Tip: inquire about their other properties as well if available
Dear Carole ,

Thanks so much for the kind review. It is always a pleasure hearing back from our long time guests who continue to visit us year after year. Even though we've been here for 61+ years, we are always doing something to upgrade and stay with the times!

Thanks again.....looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Best wishes,
Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

For my first stay in Calistoga I was thoroughly impressed and loved staying here. All the pools, great staff and amazing spa treatments made my vacation so wonderful, I would recommend not only staying here but getting the spa treatments as well!

Room Tip: We had a room right by the pool that was wonderful and didn't have any issues with noise!
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is my new favorite place to stay when in Napa Valley. I grew up in Napa Valley and this resort has everything anyone would want. The location is superb, the service is friendly, and the amenities are fabulous. I love the pools after a long day. My most recent stay was absolutely perfect. I went to the spa and loved my treatments especially the mud bath. My massage was one of the best I have ever had. The room was very nicely decorated and comfortable. I love that there is a little market next door with all the essentials needed for a nice picnic/dinner, etc. I also appreciated extra added touched like votive candles and matches, a coffee maker in the room, wine glasses, and wine bottle opener. I recommend this property with two enthusiastic thumbs up and will hopefully be back one day soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Ok, being completely honest, I was a bit sketchy when my wife suggested we check it out (the first few places we stopped were full, we were tired and just needing a place to crash.)

Greeted by a friendly front desk clerk (maybe owner), got our room keys, and we on up. To my surprise, the room was extremely nice, very clean...brick walls, two beds, all in all a very nice room. It appears to be an older building, but revamped really nice.

Everything we needed was within walking distance, grocery store, incredible food, locals bar (Suzies, which I'll recommend with its own review!) everything was GREAT! It was like a lil mini vacation on its own passing through Calistoga! Love this place!!

Unfortunately we didn't have time nor the energy to swim in the hot springs pools they have, but looked VERY inviting!

WE WILL BE BACK!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Jason T,

Thanks for the great review! Your kind coments are much appreciated and we hope to see you here again very soon! Next time, please take the time to enjoy the pools and other services that we offer!

Best wishes,
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed here on a girls trip with my cousin and it was a fantastic stay. The three different pools were amazing! We all got 'the works' spa treatments and they were so relaxing! The staff was amazing and would help with anything you needed! I would recommend this place to anyone visiting the area!

Room Tip: Room 19 was on the bottom floor on the end next to the pools and it was very quiet!
Dear Neitch,

Thank you for the review! I am glad that your girls getaway was fun and relaxing! Dr. Wilkinson's is the perfect place for a group to stay, swim and enjoy the mud baths and massages! Park your car and leave it alone.......you're in the center of Calistoga's (I think) very charming downtown!

Hope to see you another time soon!
san leandro, california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at Dr. Wilkinson's resort on a weekend when I had a wedding to attend in the Wine Country. I was trolling the internet and saw they had an opening on a weekend where almost everything else was booked. I think there was a cancellation and it was a stroke of luck that we got to stay there.

The rooms are reasonable for the Napa Valley and I knew the place had a 1960's retro look in pictures so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was delighted when I got there and saw it close up. It's architecture and landscaping are early 1960's feel with the original neon signage and palm tree enclosed-retro garden courtyards. But in your room you get all the comfort and service you expect in a modern hotel. The beds are so comfortable and pillows are nice and fluffy. Rooms are all clean and fairly decent sized although the TV in our room was a little small. But it had cable and worked fine. Plus after a day of feasting and drinking who cares about the TV? The staff is impeccable. They are friendly, gracious and make you feel very welcome. My only complaint was that I only got to stay there one night and didn't get to enjoy all of their spa services. I hope to be able to go back soon and stay for longer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear gypsie17,

Thanks so much for the review! It's always great hearing from our guests on tripadvisor! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you can soon return and enjoy a mud bath, massage, facial and of course, the pools!

Many thanks again,
Mark Wilkinson

Been to Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!