Ok, being completely honest, I was a bit sketchy when my wife suggested we check it out (the first few places we stopped were full, we were tired and just needing a place to crash.)
Greeted by a friendly front desk clerk (maybe owner), got our room keys, and we on up. To my surprise, the room was extremely nice, very clean...brick walls, two beds, all in all a very nice room. It appears to be an older building, but revamped really nice.
Everything we needed was within walking distance, grocery store, incredible food, locals bar (Suzies, which I'll recommend with its own review!) everything was GREAT! It was like a lil mini vacation on its own passing through Calistoga! Love this place!!
Unfortunately we didn't have time nor the energy to swim in the hot springs pools they have, but looked VERY inviting!
WE WILL BE BACK!
- Also Known As:
- Dr. Wilkinson`s Hot Springs Hotel
- Dr. Wilkinson`s Hot Springs Hotel Calistoga
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Resort
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Calistoga landmark offering contemporary lodging and wonderful treatments and pools! Many rooms have been redone in the past two years offering easy access to thre sparkling mineral water pools. Located in the heart of historic downtown Calistoga within steps of numerous restaurants, shops and tasting rooms. ... more less