“A Place in the Sun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Providence, Rhode Island
“A Place in the Sun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Wilkinson's for 22 years, and had the honor to have chatted with "Doc" on several occasions. The rooms have evolved from 50's funk - bungalows with tables topped with linoleum to a modern, relaxed, and comfortable 21st century look. The accommodations, while not opulent do everything that a hotel should do. More importantly, the staff simply could not be more friendly or more helpful. Anyone seeking a second lease on life should come and enjoy "the works" in the spa. The mud is the best.
Additionally, little Calistoga boasts at least three superb restaurants and a dynamite breakfast shop. This is a great place for a lost weekend. You'll never want to be found.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Petaluma, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I love this place!! Been coming for 28 years since my mom first brought me for my first massage! So relaxing! Sunny pool and patio areas with 2 outdoor pools and 1 indoor hot pool. Rooms have beautiful bedding, and a mini fridge to store all the great specialty foods and wine you can find next door at the neighborhood market. Enjoy a soothing massage or mud bath and be treated by a great staff.

I only stay here when I go to Calistoga, it offers everything I need for a rejuvenating get away!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thanks so much for the very kind review! As we embark on our 61st year, we continue to strive on a daily basis to maintain quality at every level! I hope to see you as a return guest many, many times in the future!

Warm wishes,
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Staying at Dr. Wilkinson's is like getting a new lease on life. I've visited this spa for years because they make me feel like a queen!!! I'm so excited when I turn onto Lincoln Ave. that I get downright giddy!!! Everyone is so nice and accommodating. They always remember me no matter how long it's been since my last trip. Not only do they remember me, they remember the location in the hotel that I like most! You're soooooooooo pampered in the spa by everyone there as well. Get "the Works" if you want to getaway for regal treatment, If you want to feel like a monarch, then. . . THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU! I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in Calistoga!! It's THE BEST!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good here. The layout of the hotel is such that every room is convenient to both...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! As a return guest, it is especially good to know that we are doing the right things! We hope to see you here another time soon and again, my thanks for helping spread the word!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We've been coming to Dr. Wilkinson's once or twice a year now for 4 or 5 years. Clean, uncluttered rooms, helpful housekeeping and front desk staff, wonderful pools & spa, a short walk to decent restaurants in a small town still isn't tarnished by too many "tourist" items. A must stop for meat eaters is Buster's BBQ. Nothing syrupy or pretentious here; it's the real thing.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Tommytucker,

Thank you for your most gentle reiew! We always enjoying hearing from our many repeat guests (close to 70%) and I cannot thank you enough for helping to spread the word about Dr. Wilkinson's. As you know, we are family owned and run for almost 61 years, always keeping up with the times to provide a truly relaxing getaway experience for our regular guests while welcoming new guests.

I hope to see you here again soon!

Hurdle Mills, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have stayed at Dr Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort for years. From the time you enter the parking lot until you leave the parking lot you are pampered and made to feel like family. Convenient location, immaculate grounds, spa treatments are superb, awesome staff. Wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My partner and I were looking for a getaway. This place did it all. Easy check-in without the Napa Valley attitude was great. Our room was immaculate....king bed, nice fabric and pillows and robes. There are 3 pools that are close to the rooms and very peaceful. No pool scene just relaxed. We did the works mud bath with a great massage. This place is so different and authentic old school. Great massages! We both were so relaxed that we barely made it down the street for dinner. We both had the best sleep and woke up and asked for a late check out....the staff was awesome and gave us until 1:00PM. Not sure this always happens but it worked for us! It was nice to have more time for a swim and sun!

In all, a very special place. I have been to many five star places. The "Doc" and family and staff are the best. The only place to stay and relax in Napa.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Jake R,

Thank you so much for the kind review. Your feedback means everything to us and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Don't be a stranger.....come back soon!

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This place was completely dated but charming. At this point, it's retro, but I don't think they designed it for retro, it just hasn't changed since the '60s. The sink area was gold and it had a small tube tv. My friend and I did mud baths and it was a fun experience. We went off-season and got a good deal on a room and mud bath combo, so check their website for similar specials if you go at the right time. The mud bath included the actual mud bath (which smelled horribly and felt weird but was somehow relaxing and fun), a steam, and a bubbling mineral bath, followed by what I considered nap time in a relaxing room while wrapped in blankets. I'd recommend doing it with someone rather than alone, as half the fun is in laughing about it and talking about how creepy fun it is.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!