I have been going to Dr. Wilkinson's for 22 years, and had the honor to have chatted with "Doc" on several occasions. The rooms have evolved from 50's funk - bungalows with tables topped with linoleum to a modern, relaxed, and comfortable 21st century look. The accommodations, while not opulent do everything that a hotel should do. More importantly, the staff simply could not be more friendly or more helpful. Anyone seeking a second lease on life should come and enjoy "the works" in the spa. The mud is the best.
Additionally, little Calistoga boasts at least three superb restaurants and a dynamite breakfast shop. This is a great place for a lost weekend. You'll never want to be found.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Calistoga landmark offering contemporary lodging and wonderful treatments and pools! Contemporary rooms with easy access to three sparkling mineral water pools. Located in the heart of historic downtown Calistoga within steps of numerous restaurants, shops and tasting rooms. Dr. Wilkinson's is a mid-century modern icon in the Napa Valley. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Dr. Wilkinson`s Hot Springs Hotel Calistoga
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Resort
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Hotel