Stayed here as there was not much else available on short notice in the Calistoga/St. Helena area for a cooking class at the nearby Culinary Institute of America.
The property is not very big, basically a motel in Calistoga. Similar to those other motels in smaller towns that offer free internet and the basic breakfast options (continental, some egg/sausage product, waffles), but with rooms that are rather worn.
Our room had no view (on the ground floor, so kept curtains closed), and was rather cold in February (particularly the bathroom) unless we kept the heater on, which with the fan shutting on and off was somewhat annoying (unless you set it to continuous fan, which I did not).
Did not partake of the mineral pool etc.
Overall, OK place to sleep a night, but I wouldn't consider it great for a real vacation unless you're really on a tight budget or have few other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the legendary healing of Calistoga's geothermal mineral hot springs as you soak in our outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, followed by a relaxing turn in our steam room and dry sauna. Get your mornings started right with our fitness room and follow up your workout with our complimentary hot breakfast with eggs, sausage and biscuits. We also offer offsite spa services and packages at a renowned Calistoga day spa, as well as meeting and events space for groups and businesses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels, BookIt.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Comfort Inn Calistoga, Hot Springs of the West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Calistoga, Hot Springs Of The West Hotel Calistoga
- Clarion Collection Calistoga
- Clarion Collection Hotel Calistoga