“Great stay every time!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great stay every time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2004

My wife and I have stayed at Christoper's Inn twice and will return again. It has a wonderful charm and is quite cozy. As I walked into our room there was a fireplace roaring. I hopped onto the bed to watch tv and immediately felt like falling asleep, the bed was so comfortable. Turns out they have the top of the line Serta feather beds. The bed doesn't move at all when you do and is so soft it puts you right to sleep. Not your average hotel bed. My wife and I quickly devised a scheme to trade our bed for this one the next time we visit. The lobby has complimentary espresso. The Inn is a short walk to great restaurants and shops and is very quiet. A tasty breakfast arrived at our doorstep in the morning. I read another review describing the pastries to be greasy. Those people must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed with a wine induced hangover because these tasted home baked and weren't greasy at all. It's the only place where I feel like the room is worth the price and I enjoyed being inside of it. I hope to be back inside soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2004

My gilfriend and I have never had a better time than when we visited Calistoga and stayed at Christopher's Inn. The wonderful heart-shaped pastries baked each morning along with numerous other goods delivered to our room made us feel like we had our own bakery catering to the two of us. You do feel so pampered when the breakfast basket arrive at your doorstep and everything is just right. Each day there is a collection of wonderful and different things to see in Calistoga with all the vineyards, restaraunts and peaceful nature that surronds Chrisopher's Inn. We even had fun just sitting around the Christopher's Inn's property. One day we had great fun just relaxing in the lobby making ourselves espresso and cappuccino which we enjoyed by the roaring fire in the beautiful lobby. Another morning we sat by the Italian fountain and once again spoiled ourselves with fresh espresso! What a treat! Everything is walkable to town and there is nothing better than to walk to town, enjoy a lovely dinner and bottle of wine and walk back under the stars! I would like to thank Christopher's Inn and their charming staff for an unforgetable 4 days!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2004

We stayed in two rooms - moved because TV didn't work (world series). Both rooms had filthy carpets. The breakfast consisted of fruit and cold, greasy pastries. Way overpriced!

, General Manager at Christopher's Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2004
Regarding the guests who indicated that the TVs did not work during the World Series, it is possible the battery in the remote was dead. It would have been most helpful if they had called the front office, and we would have supplied a new battery. Breakfast arrives outside your doorstep between 8:00-8:30am, consisting of freshly baked muffins, croissants, and peach-filled heart shaped pastries. None of these are greasy, and are fresh baked each day. We have continuing maintainence on our carpets. Had management been given the opportunity, we would have moved this guest to another room that they were happy with. It is difficult to correct issues when management is unaware of the problem.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2004

What a beautiful and romantic stay! Can't imagine anyone not loving this place! We went for a long deserved getaway and this place holds true to the saying "You get what you pay for." Rose trees, gardens and fountains throughout the property, beautifully decorated guest rooms with private patios, in-room jacuzzi and complimentary breakfast! Not to mention the complimentary cuppaccino/expresso, and port wine by the fireplace in the lounge! Take a walk one block to the shops and wonderful restaraunts, and come back to relax in your jacuzzi, then cozy up by your in-room fireplace and fall asleep. You'll be greeted in the morning with a delightful breakfast at your doorstep! I could get used to this - my new home away from home:-) Go see for yourself, just don't take my room!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2004

I spent two nights in a two bedroon cottage with my daughter two weeks ago, and I'm still feeling the after glow. The accomodations were wonderful! Port in the main lobby at night, expressos anytime, lovely stuctures and decor, friendly personel, relaxing, peaceful, a break for the world. I cannot wait to return.

Been to Christopher's Inn? Share your experiences!