“Nice room, friendly people” 4 of 5 stars

You added Christopher's Inn to your Saves list
Christopher's Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1010 Foothill Blvd., Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
“Nice room, friendly people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is at the end of calistoga. You can easily walk downtown. We had room #10 which is a bit hidden and features its own fireplace (very nice) but unfortunately it was rainy. The room was nice, clean and the breakfast was absolutely fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at Christopher's on March 6th 2013. It is a beautiful little inn! Check-in was very quick and uncomplicated. My room (no 7) had a fireplace, a lot of space and a very comfortable bed. The only negative things I could state are that the light switch in room no 7 is hidden behind the door, right next to the fireplace. Especially for us europeans it is hard to find out that there is a switch beneath the dimmer. The second negative thing is that the bathroom seems to have no heating (or I wasn't able to find it and switch it on) so it is much cooler in there than in the rest of the room.
But apart from these little things I enjoyed my stay very much and would gladly come here again if I should ever come back to Calistoga!

Room Tip: Room No 7 is very recommendable since it is spacy (I saw ma friends' room - No 9 - and it was mu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
La Crescenta, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Christopher's Inn the weekend of March 22. We stayed at the inn for only one night on our way home from Mendocino. The staff was friendly, service was good, and the continental breakfast (no hot food) was decent. The downsides were: 1) The room was really outdated and the carpet was horribly stained and worn. We stayed in room #12 and it appeared that the management was trying to hide the old pink stained carpet with a few area rugs. It would be better to rip out the carpet and just leave the cement slab with area rugs. Honestly, it was really gross. Perhaps we should have asked for another room that wasn't so beat up. 2) The hotel is on a very busy Main Street. Fortunately there wasn't much traffic on a Sunday night and we wore earplugs. 3) The inn was not really a B&B. Yes, breakfast was included, but there were no innkeepers, nor a hot breakfast served. It was really just a small hotel. We will likely not stay at this property again. Nothing too special at all.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room. If you are in a downstairs room, you can hear people tromping around.
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This charming, well-maintained inn is located within walking distance of downtown Calistoga and a perfect place for a relaxing weekend getaway for anyone, but especially those coming from the Bay Area. We loved that it didn't have the typical two-night minimum of most inns and B&Bs. This allowed us to drive up Saturday morning, do some wine-tasting, check in and schedule a late-afternoon mud bath/massage without the added expense of two nights. The inn is also conveniently located right across the street from the highly recommended Lavender Hill Spa. Their volcanic ash bathes and massages are top notch.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I spent a day at this inn a couple of weeks ago. We took the room with the fireplace and Jacuzzi. It was a cozy and well made room. The jacuzzi was the one that you have step down into. Very romantic place. Walking distance to all eating places and wine shops. The staff was very friendly and professional. Will return again.

Room Tip: Take the room with the jacuzzi and dont forget to ask for AAA discount
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

During our recent trip to San Francisco, we wanted to visit the Napa Valley area. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and the good price, we decided to book a room and stay at Christopher's Inn in Calistoga. We stayed in an upstairs room (3) across from the office. Check in was easy and the staff very friendly and helpful. The room was nicely decorated with a more upscale feeling. It had a gas fireplace, extra heater, king bed, and seating area. There was plenty of room for our luggage. The bathroom area was very clean. The carpet was a bit stained.
The outside could use a little more cleaning and painting.
The breakfast the next morning exceeded our expectations with juice, fresh fruit, breads, and cereals on nice china. There was coffee and tea choices. The Inn is located within easy walking distance of the town, restaurants, an easy drive to vinyards and an old grist mill. I would have rated the Inn 5 stars except the traffic noise was a negative factor. We turned the window air conditioner fan on high which helped a lot. There isn't much they can do about the busy highway. We would stay here again.

Lumberton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was hesitant when I first booked due to a stay a few years ago. Due to the more affordable price in the area, I went ahead anyway. From the moment I walked into the office, there seemed to be something different. There was a few types of coffee available and fruit. The staff person greeted me with a smile and welcomed me. She checked to make sure the room was ready, and it was very nice and clean. Looking around there seemed to be changes. The morning breakfast is buffet but very nice with proper dishware. I spoke to the manager and told her there seemed to be a lot of improvement since the last time I stayed. Apparently, they are under new ownership, made the prices more in line, and are making more improvements. There are more improvements needed such as powerwashing, some new rugs, painting, and some repairs. However, it is a great location and a good value. I thought I would never go back but I am happy I did. V.Sattui still seems to be the most fun winery with somewhat affordable wine prices, very good wine, food, and fun atmosphere. Expect to pay $40-50 bottle a wine at most wineries and many have tasting fees of $15-20.

Room Tip: don't get rooms on the highway
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Christopher's Inn? Share your experiences!