“Delightful Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Calistoga
South Carolina
“Delightful Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

During our recent trip to San Francisco, we wanted to visit the Napa Valley area. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and the good price, we decided to book a room and stay at Christopher's Inn in Calistoga. We stayed in an upstairs room (3) across from the office. Check in was easy and the staff very friendly and helpful. The room was nicely decorated with a more upscale feeling. It had a gas fireplace, extra heater, king bed, and seating area. There was plenty of room for our luggage. The bathroom area was very clean. The carpet was a bit stained.
The outside could use a little more cleaning and painting.
The breakfast the next morning exceeded our expectations with juice, fresh fruit, breads, and cereals on nice china. There was coffee and tea choices. The Inn is located within easy walking distance of the town, restaurants, an easy drive to vinyards and an old grist mill. I would have rated the Inn 5 stars except the traffic noise was a negative factor. We turned the window air conditioner fan on high which helped a lot. There isn't much they can do about the busy highway. We would stay here again.

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Lumberton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was hesitant when I first booked due to a stay a few years ago. Due to the more affordable price in the area, I went ahead anyway. From the moment I walked into the office, there seemed to be something different. There was a few types of coffee available and fruit. The staff person greeted me with a smile and welcomed me. She checked to make sure the room was ready, and it was very nice and clean. Looking around there seemed to be changes. The morning breakfast is buffet but very nice with proper dishware. I spoke to the manager and told her there seemed to be a lot of improvement since the last time I stayed. Apparently, they are under new ownership, made the prices more in line, and are making more improvements. There are more improvements needed such as powerwashing, some new rugs, painting, and some repairs. However, it is a great location and a good value. I thought I would never go back but I am happy I did. V.Sattui still seems to be the most fun winery with somewhat affordable wine prices, very good wine, food, and fun atmosphere. Expect to pay $40-50 bottle a wine at most wineries and many have tasting fees of $15-20.

Room Tip: don't get rooms on the highway
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

While working on a long-term project in Calistoga, I stayed at Christopher's Inn for over two months. Sandra and Erwin were fantastic and made my stay absolutely wonderful. The rooms are comfortable and cozy. Breakfast was perfect every morning. I can not say wonderful enough wonderful, things about the Inn and the Staff - I miss staying there already and it's only been a few days!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Enjoyed our 2 night stay at this smaller inn. Great central location for wine tasting in several valleys. Check-in/check-out was a breeze with nice friendly service. Small parking lot but a very, very short walk to downtown Calistoga - cute town with many places to dine & shop.

We enjoyed a King suite with fireplace, Jacuzzi tub and patio (Room 12). Comfortably sized for 2, nice antique-ish furnishings. Located at the back of the inn and mostly quiet. Very clean and comfortable but as others have mentioned the stained pink carpeting needs to be replaced. Room backs up to a residence and both evenings the neighbor was working in the backyard. The lower fence around the patio could benefit from lattice for privacy as we felt the need to keep the drapes closed most of the time. The cute little fountain on the patio had a malfunctioing pump. Minimal noise heard from adjoining rooms.

Morning breakfast (hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, fresh bakery goods, cereal, GREAT coffee, juice) available in the lobby, we enjoyed ours back in our room. China and real silverware...nice touch! Cafe Sarafornia in downtown is supposed to be a great spot but we never made it there as we were completely satisfied with the inn's offering. Hot coffee, delicious bakery cookies and fresh fruit were available in the lobby in the afternoon. Wine & cheese reception held at the local Best Western was a waste of time...but made us thankful for the charming inn we had booked!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the inn's property are furthest from the highway but back up to a residence...
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at Christopher's Inn. The service was very friendly and my room was immaculately clean and comfortable, despite being a bit on the small side. The breakfast was outstanding and included a healthy fruit salad, hard boiled eggs and a tasty chocolate croissant freshly baked by a local bakery. My only complaint is that the sound proofing wasn't as good as it could be - there was a faint sound of someone snoring in the next room that I could have done without. Overall an excellent experience and I would definitely stay at Christopher's Inn again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is lovely, beautiful rooms, fire place, comfy bed, helpful and accommodating staff. The breakfast is awesome!!!! Really good location. Coffee machine a rarity at hotels and was excellent- Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was attending a week long course at the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) in St. Helena and was looking for an affordable place to stay. Most B&B and hotels in the nearby areas were all beyond my budget, so when I came across Christopher’s Inn and it’s affordable nightly rates, I was ecstatic. The accommodation at the Christopher’s is like staying at a quaint, little cottage. It may not be a 4-star hotel, but it is comfortable and has character. I always have trouble sleeping in a strange bed when I’m traveling but the bed at the Christopher’s was so comfortable I had a hard time getting out of it. I hope to go back to attend more classes at the CIA in the future and when I do, I’ll definitely be staying at the Christopher’s Inn again.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room in the back and I got it. I'm really sensitive to noises, but I found t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Christopher's Inn? Share your experiences!