“A Charming Country Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Vancouver, Canada
“A Charming Country Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at Christopher's Inn. The service was very friendly and my room was immaculately clean and comfortable, despite being a bit on the small side. The breakfast was outstanding and included a healthy fruit salad, hard boiled eggs and a tasty chocolate croissant freshly baked by a local bakery. My only complaint is that the sound proofing wasn't as good as it could be - there was a faint sound of someone snoring in the next room that I could have done without. Overall an excellent experience and I would definitely stay at Christopher's Inn again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is lovely, beautiful rooms, fire place, comfy bed, helpful and accommodating staff. The breakfast is awesome!!!! Really good location. Coffee machine a rarity at hotels and was excellent- Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was attending a week long course at the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) in St. Helena and was looking for an affordable place to stay. Most B&B and hotels in the nearby areas were all beyond my budget, so when I came across Christopher’s Inn and it’s affordable nightly rates, I was ecstatic. The accommodation at the Christopher’s is like staying at a quaint, little cottage. It may not be a 4-star hotel, but it is comfortable and has character. I always have trouble sleeping in a strange bed when I’m traveling but the bed at the Christopher’s was so comfortable I had a hard time getting out of it. I hope to go back to attend more classes at the CIA in the future and when I do, I’ll definitely be staying at the Christopher’s Inn again.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room in the back and I got it. I'm really sensitive to noises, but I found t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Calistoga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Christopher's Inn. The bed was comfy, the fireplace made our room warm and cozy and the breakfast fresh and delicious. The only negative was the lack of insulation between our room and the one next to us (We could hear him snoring). I don't think all the room are set up this way...side by side.

We would highly recommend Christopher's Inn to anyone visiting the area. A great value and the location was right around the corner to town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Suitably impressed with accommodation, ideal location for exploring the Napa area, winery's close by, and quaint Calistoga town, within walking distance of the Inn. Rooms well appointed, rooms are separate constructions, comparable to small chalets, each fitted with welcoming log affect fireplace. Only downside, walls paper thin, therefore, heard occupants in other room chatting away, clearly. Earplugs helped. Very well maintained, could not fault standards of cleanliness and decor. Beds lovely and comfortable, linen crisp & fresh.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Turin, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Christopher's Inn is more of a small hotel than a B&B. Still the staff is excellent. Thet were extremely helpful in giving us all kinds of local information. They helped my girlfriend orginize a picknick, they told us where to fing hiking trails and whre to eat. The room is smallish but comfortable and very romantic with a small fireplace. Price was unbeatable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Southampton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here 4 Nights. A very charming and reasonably priced place- great value! Not really a B and B as it may appear- actually more like a boutique hotel. Beautifully appointed rooms with fireplaces, good quality bed and bed linens, bathrobes, and nice amenities. Continental breakfast very good: Clean, fresh, wuality baked goods, european coffee, etc..Substantial mention must be made of Sandy the Asst Manager. Incredibly accommodating and attentive to guest needs- she represents the place very nicely. Her hospitality would be reason to stay again.

One major disappointment! Our room, #9, is incredibly small and tight.

I am 6'4/220 and my wife is also tall. We had requested a king as we always do, but unfortunately the inn was fully booked 2 of the 4 nights we are here, so thy extended no option for us to upgrade. We asked and were willing to pay anything, but no go per Albino at the desk (he too was very professional).

The full/queen bed leaves less than 2 feet on either side of the walls so its a bit tight and claustrophobic. You can't open the beautiful window shutters without blocking the entry door, the hanging closet measures 18" (not possible for two people to hang clothes for a 4 day stay), and there is no dresser of course as there is no room for one, no under bed storage so we are tripping over our suitcases, and finally the huge (albeit beautiful) quilt lays on the floor just in front of the fireplace if you choose to take it off ( its hesvy and warm) consuming the only open floorspace making walking around difficult. This room is small!!!!

Message to future guests: Stay here by all means!!! but do not accept room 9 unless you are going to be there for a short stay and traveling alone. I understand all the other rooms are similarly appointed but they are considerably larger.

Message to management: Room 9 should be designated soley as a single person guest room, definitely not couples, or better yet as a storage room or closet for housekeeping.

This room is micro small, smaller than anything I've ever seen, even seen in Paris. At any price 4 nights in a room this small can really affect your overall experience when visiting napa. I think we'll pass in the future, and try another place, but this place may be worth a visit for the right price and depending upon your standards of comfort!

Room Tip: Sorry thereis no pool or restaurant- pls disregard rating above. Tip for good room: at time of res...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Christopher's Inn? Share your experiences!