“Great B&B!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Calistoga
Ladera Ranch, California
“Great B&B!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This property is very charming! Walking distance to the town and very close to our favorite winery Castello di Amorosa. We arrive late on Thursday Thanksgiving day and Sandy was waiting to check us in. Shes very friendly and very helpful. We stayed in Room #4 Queen size bed was very comfortable but our heater wasnt working so it was a bit chilly. We mention it to Sandy the next day and she was on it right away. They werent able to fix it but she made sure we had a heater that night so she went next door to the spa and got us one :) Breakfast is delicious but try to make it early because it runs out. My only complain is that the room we stayed had pink carpet and i understand it goes with the decor but it had alot of stains :( that alone makes the room feel dirty even though it wasnt. Thats why im going to give it a 4. Other than that i will be back to Christophers Inn!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
James F, Manager at Christopher's Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Lidia,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us at Christopher's Inn Calistoga.I would like to apologize for the heater not working properly in your guest room. I'm so pleased to hear that Sandra was able to assist you in providing a temporary solution so you were comfortable the rest of your stay. We are in the process of redesigning our guest rooms and I'm happy to say the carpet will be going as well. I look forward to welcoming you back so you can see the finished product.

Warmest Regards,

James Farquhar
Hotel Manager

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Monterey, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This property is listed as being a B&B. When we checked in we were told you get a gourmet continental breakfast. Really!! It should be listed as a Bed & Continental. This is not what we were expecting and were very disappointed. Staff did upgrade our room and when they showed us what was they had to offer we just took it without really looking it over first because I was somewhat bothered by the whole situation. The carpet was filthy which turned my stomach and I was not in the mood to inspect every room. We did make the best of the situation but would never stay there again or recommend it to anyone. Mind you this was my birthday weekend. Just saying!! :(

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
James F, Manager at Christopher's Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Toni A,

Thank you for the honest feedback on your recent stay with us at Christopher's Inn Calistoga. I would like to apologize for the confusion with regards to our Inn. We recently purchased this property a few months ago when it was previsously run as a B&B. We are in the process of redesigning each of our guest rooms as well as our lobby area within the next few months. I hope you decide to give us another chance once we've completed this process so we can make up for your most recent stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at any time and I would be more than happy to personally assist you.

Warmest Regards,

James Farquhar
Hotel Manager
(707) 942-5755
Monterey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

You know when you receive excellent customer service and have a positive experience, it needs to be shared with others. That is what happened with Christopher's Inn in Calistoga. My excellent customer service started even before I arrived in Calistoga. I called the day before to confirm my reservation and talked with a very nice woman named Sandy. She confirmed my reservation and assured me that my room would be waiting for me whenever I got into town. When I did get in to Calistoga, James checked me in and gave me Room #16 (Joe Montana's number) I knew it was a good sign. The room was fantastic. It has high ceilings, a private patio with table and chairs, a fireplace, a jacuzzi tub, a very comfortable Queen size bed, etc. I would definitely get this room again as it was so nice!

They have a complimentary breakfast every morning from 8:00am to 10:00am which consisted of coffee, juice, a selection of cereals, pastries, bagels, hard boiled eggs, fruit salad, fresh fruit and other items. It was more than enough to get your day started on the right track!

One evening when I was there, they had a representative from a winery come in and she was pouring wine and had fruit and cheese to go along with it. A very nice touch indeed.

On my departure, Trevor checked me out and gave me some wine tasting passes for a couple of local wineries.

All in all, my experience in Calistoga and my stay at Christopher's Inn was most pleasant and I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: I liked my room (#16) it was at the end of the building with a private patio and no room above. Very...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Weirton, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

What a charming property. We felt welcome and we had a comfortable stay. They have a friendly staff and wonderful breakfast. The location was great and the price was just right. I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Layton, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Charming and Quaint! & friendly staff. I definetly recommend this place. Decorated nicely and cozy! About one block from downtown Calistoga. They have a very nice honeymoon suite too. The staff is very helpful in telling you of the local wineries.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Annecy, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Christopher's Inn was a pleasant surprise! We got a great deal, as we stayed two nights in the middle of the week. We arrived and were greeted by very friendly staff who were very helpful to help us find a nice place for dinner. Our room was very cute, with fireplace included! The bed is cozy and the skylight wakes you up slowly in the morning. We loved the little cottage feel of the property. Breakfast was great, with lots of choice. We will stay here again if we are back in the area!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
James F, Manager at Christopher's Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear CristinaAnnecy,

Thank you for the wonderful review on your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and everything with your accommodations. Our team members take great pride in making sure our guests receive the highest level of service. The complimentary gourmet continental breakfast we serve is a big hit with all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Calistoga.
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Calistoga has limited lodging options. It was a stretch to give it an average rating and only got there because of the front desk person who went above and beyond the call of duty to help us out.

The furniture is worn out, the bathroom fixtures and faucets are on the far cheap end of the scale, the carpets were filthy, the A/C unit stopped working, and the room has considerable deferred maintenance.

It could be a very cute and desirable place if they sunk a little bit of money into the rooms to upgrade the facility.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Christopher's Inn? Share your experiences!