“Sunday pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Reservations
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Sunday pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Had a tasty pizza at this restaurant on a Sunday afternoon. The city was fairly busy as was the restaurant. Pizza was thin crusted (our favorite) & the ingredients tasted fresh. Service was very good with prompt attention and the ambiance was as expected. Prices were reasonable & would recommend.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

St. John's
“Big portions of only-decent food at a casual restaurant with average (i.e. impersonal) service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

If you're someone who tends to like most restaurants and values things like portion size and value instead of thing like how "balanced" the flavors in a dish are or how good the wine list is....well then, you've found your place.

The sad thing is that I'm not one of those people. I had high hopes for inspired flavor combinations and great recommendations for wine pairings (given that I am in the heart of wine country) - and that's not what you get here. I would have turned back given the cool reception when we were given a table....but my poor boyfriend was already starving and I didn't know where else to go. We had originally planned to go to the Calistoga Inn restaurant but I didn't know it was closed due to fire...so I went here as a last-minute substitution.

The experience was on par with Olive Garden and East Side Marios. Which is great, if you feel like that kind of thing and don't have the best restaurants in wine country at your disposal. Personally I think there is much better to be had in the area and I was quite upset with the experience (I had been looking for better food and service in an environment that is more upscale).

The bill was quite high for the quality of the food and service in my opinion. I truly don't understand how people think this is authentic, given that most truly "authentic itailian" dishes aren't on this menu. But it is OK for a more casual place.

I will grant them a decent wine list - both my boyfriend and I thought that my glass of Chardonnay (Hendry's I think) was quite good. (He is a sommelier, for what its worth).

Do yourself a favor - if this is a special event/vacation evening, I think that you would get better value by going elsewhere, even if you end up paying a little more. This did not feel like a special dinner to me, as I eat at places with food like this quite routinely. I was kind of sad that I didn't take my sweetheart somewhere more upscale/special.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Pretty Authentic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We loved that this place was on main strip, but seemed more humble than other restaurants. Great Chicken Marsala!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good wine and the desserts are to die for!!!!!!!!Excellent service too!!!!!

Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“oustanding Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

pizza and other Italian classics - perfect. Pasta with mini shrimps in white souse - i could not stop eating it. Nice, worm atmosphere with exposed brick oven, friendly service

Visited August 2012
San Francisco, California
“Tasty food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Four of us came up for the Wine Country Ukulele Festival and chose this restaurant. We were seated immediately and given sufficient time to decide what we wanted. The food was excellent, and service was prompt and professional. We left happy.

Visited September 2012