“One of the best in wine country...” 5 of 5 stars

Solage Calistoga
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   755 Silverado Trail, Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
San Francisco
“One of the best in wine country...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

this resort holds a special place in my heart because this is where my husband proposed to me. (although, the room was not ready when we arrived.) it wasn't a big deal since we just went to sol bar and had a few drinks. they have really good cocktail and the food is amazing!

definitely one of the best resorts we've ever stayed. the resort has a very relaxing vibe. it's quite large so they offer bicycle as your way to get around. the resort is very clean and well maintained. we also went to the spa and had a full scrub down, massage. we had our own little room and patio with an outdoor shower.

the resort and spa is expensive. although well worth it, but may only come here when we are celebrating something special.

i just want to add that during our brunch... dave and victoria beckham, along with chef ramsey and their family walked in to have brunch. they were just a few tables away from us. that was a nice little celeb site-ing.

we went her during easter weekend of 2012.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Barcelona, España
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We have come for our son's wedding from Barcelona and wanted to spend a week in California while there anyway. My husband found this hotel and the credit goes to him. I am very specific about my food coming from Europe... That place is really nice and they have expresso coffee and great breakfast menu as well as lunch and dinner!!! We tried all of the menus! Polite but not annoying stuff! Nice pool and rooms! Highly recommend! Thank you to all of the stuff!!!!

Stayed July 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Solage, while not cheap, is not as expensive as its sister properties Calistoga Ranch and AuBerge du Soleil (all of which will change this year when the properties are no longer joined at the hip)
I stayed there while enjoying myself at the fabulous and first class 2014 Napa Vally Wine Auction, my first time at this auction but certainly not my last. Solage has that total Calf cachet, a one story hotel with immaculate landscaping, first class staff and an "in-touch with nature" feel and setting.
The food was wonderful and by far the best hotel food I have ever experienced. Having two beach cruisers parked outside your room was icing on the cake for taking advantage of what we think of as southern Calf. weather. I liked the room layout and space combined with the private villa feel. My only negative was the children's pool, I don't have kids and appreciated the fact that the children were restricted to their own pool but if you had a drink at the adult pool bar you might as well have been sitting at their pool because every sounds was very audible.
Maybe several nights at Solage does not fit into everyone's budget but you should splurge for one or two if you travel to that area of the Calf wine country.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a wrong choice
Green Features: I'm sure that part is very well explained on their Web page
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here last year and again a few weeks ago. Visually I really like the resort, the rooms are very nice.Our air conditioning wasn't working when we arrived so had to have it fixed. Then our safe wasn't locking so we had to have it fixed. Service wasn't as good as the past stays. They are supposed to have a great restaurant but I was not impressed.Had breakfast most days and their coffee is terrible, like dish water. They use great coffee from Calistoga Roastery, but they only serve french press and it is very weak. Can't get a decent cup aside from their coffee makers in the rooms. Was not impressed by their breakfast food and their dinner menu selections.There are very good restaurants in the area so why eat there! We dined at Press, my favorite, Farmstead, Bottega, and lunch at Mustards, They are all very good. I love the spa at Indian Springs so I don't use the spa at Solage.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

A friend of mine had her wedding and reception at this hotel and it was beautiful. Everything about the grounds is great. I didn't personally stay at Solage but we did get ready in one of the suites and it was clean and modern. I noticed that each suite had a pair of bikes for guests to use which I thought was very cool.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Traveling with friends for a wedding. The "studio" was spacious, new, clean, well lit, with adequate storage and lovely private outdoor seating area. The greeters at reception, the receptionists, indeed, all the help were pleasant, competent, and eager to please. The grounds were immaculate. The only meal I had was breakfast which was interesting and delicious if high end hotel pricey. The spa pools were very comfortable and nicely warm. The girlfriend reported that her massage was the best she's ever had (and she's had plenty). Altogether, a nice place to stay for a few days.

Green Features: I could care less. The only annoyance was having to insert a room key card into the thermostat to adjust the room temp.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

So, the resort is beautiful - there are lots of great plants and places to relax. The spa is very beautiful and the pool is gorgeous. Overall, its relatively small place, so I wouldn't recommend spending a week. And the restaurant is what really shines - the food is spectacular!

Unfortunately, there were a few reports of spiders in the rooms, which is why i gave it 4 not 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Solage Calistoga? Share your experiences!