“A Little Disappointing This Time Around!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Keep Crushing at Solage
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
New York City, New York
“A Little Disappointing This Time Around!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here last year and again a few weeks ago. Visually I really like the resort, the rooms are very nice.Our air conditioning wasn't working when we arrived so had to have it fixed. Then our safe wasn't locking so we had to have it fixed. Service wasn't as good as the past stays. They are supposed to have a great restaurant but I was not impressed.Had breakfast most days and their coffee is terrible, like dish water. They use great coffee from Calistoga Roastery, but they only serve french press and it is very weak. Can't get a decent cup aside from their coffee makers in the rooms. Was not impressed by their breakfast food and their dinner menu selections.There are very good restaurants in the area so why eat there! We dined at Press, my favorite, Farmstead, Bottega, and lunch at Mustards, They are all very good. I love the spa at Indian Springs so I don't use the spa at Solage.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

A friend of mine had her wedding and reception at this hotel and it was beautiful. Everything about the grounds is great. I didn't personally stay at Solage but we did get ready in one of the suites and it was clean and modern. I noticed that each suite had a pair of bikes for guests to use which I thought was very cool.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Traveling with friends for a wedding. The "studio" was spacious, new, clean, well lit, with adequate storage and lovely private outdoor seating area. The greeters at reception, the receptionists, indeed, all the help were pleasant, competent, and eager to please. The grounds were immaculate. The only meal I had was breakfast which was interesting and delicious if high end hotel pricey. The spa pools were very comfortable and nicely warm. The girlfriend reported that her massage was the best she's ever had (and she's had plenty). Altogether, a nice place to stay for a few days.

Green Features: I could care less. The only annoyance was having to insert a room key card into the thermostat to adjust the room temp.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

So, the resort is beautiful - there are lots of great plants and places to relax. The spa is very beautiful and the pool is gorgeous. Overall, its relatively small place, so I wouldn't recommend spending a week. And the restaurant is what really shines - the food is spectacular!

Unfortunately, there were a few reports of spiders in the rooms, which is why i gave it 4 not 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Barrington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Solage Calistoga for two nights for our anniversary. It is not an inexpensive hotel, but I got the Go Outside and Play package and had the most incredible experience. The hotel is very clean and has a zen like feel - rooms, bathrooms are gorgeous, pretty private patio and the service was excellent (a little hiccup at the spa - my massage therapist was excellent, but my mudslide therapist forgot about me - not sure she apologized, but later she did offer me a free smoothie - nice gesture, but it wasn't that busy and surprised that happened).

Love the 4 hour use of a mercedes - we were able to take advantage of this (it's on a first come fist serve basis) and loved the 2 seater convertible driving up Howell Mountain (appreciated the help booking our reservation at Outpost and Tamber Bey) - gorgeous ride and views!

We also loved the "old fashioned" bikes outside our room and had a lovely bike ride around the area. Great fitness center and liked that the instructor was very nice with "allowing me" to continue to use the "fitness class" room when she started a class (I was out of the way).

Solbar breakfasts - Scrumptious - love the variety and different items they offered. The Sol-pe was sooo good and delicious cinnamon sugar donut holes! Very modern, clean and tranquil ambiance and service was both friendly and exceptional.

Great location for our Napa area wine tastings!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Summit, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

To start, this is a great hotel with great service!. From the check in staff to the rooms, to room service, and SolBar, this is a very nice hotel with outstanding service. We stayed in a 2 Queen bed unit which was very large, great bathroom (no tub), and very nice sitting area out front an two cruiser bikes. I would give it 5 stars if I was traveling only with my wife however there is one very big miss at this hotel when you have children under 12 and that is the "family pool". The main pool for anyone over 12 is fantastic, I am a swimmer and I would guess the main pool is 50M and perfect for relaxing or swimming laps and has nice music and great lounge chairs and nice service. The "family pool" is either a relic or an after thought. It is not well maintained from a landscape perspective and you have to ask multiple times to get someone to come over and either clean up the mess left from a previous guest or to try to order anything. So this leads me to ask the quesiton of weather or not this is intentional? When we checked in we were directed to the "bath house" to change as our room was not ready when we arrived a the bath house (short walk) we were told our daughter could not go in and change as it was for guests 18 and over. Does Solage Calisgtoga not want young kids at the resort? I can fully understand that a resort would limit guest age at pools and I have stayed at many with adult/kid pools, the phonencian as an example, but not one with such a disparity in quality between the pools. I think this is a great hotel but I would highly suggest that the staff be very clear about the limitations with kids when reservations are made. I called the hotel directly before making my reservations and I was not told many of the things that I experienced so simply a suggestion to the hotel and those planning on staying with kids. I would come back to this hotel for sure but probobly not when traveling with my children.

Room Tip: All of the rooms look very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
salisbury wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Booked in for 3 nights , perfect for exploring the Napa Valley.
Contemporary accommodation, plenty of polished concrete ! , Very clean and well kept. Superb staff, always helpful, and friendly.
Each room has bikes for use during your stay , plus the use of 4 of the hotels Mercs.
The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere, and although the food was good, not exceptional, it is a bit pricey.
Well worth a stay for a few nights

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Solage Calistoga? Share your experiences!