“Beautiful, Modern, Clean,Tranquil & Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Keep Crushing at Solage
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Barrington, Illinois
“Beautiful, Modern, Clean,Tranquil & Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Solage Calistoga for two nights for our anniversary. It is not an inexpensive hotel, but I got the Go Outside and Play package and had the most incredible experience. The hotel is very clean and has a zen like feel - rooms, bathrooms are gorgeous, pretty private patio and the service was excellent (a little hiccup at the spa - my massage therapist was excellent, but my mudslide therapist forgot about me - not sure she apologized, but later she did offer me a free smoothie - nice gesture, but it wasn't that busy and surprised that happened).

Love the 4 hour use of a mercedes - we were able to take advantage of this (it's on a first come fist serve basis) and loved the 2 seater convertible driving up Howell Mountain (appreciated the help booking our reservation at Outpost and Tamber Bey) - gorgeous ride and views!

We also loved the "old fashioned" bikes outside our room and had a lovely bike ride around the area. Great fitness center and liked that the instructor was very nice with "allowing me" to continue to use the "fitness class" room when she started a class (I was out of the way).

Solbar breakfasts - Scrumptious - love the variety and different items they offered. The Sol-pe was sooo good and delicious cinnamon sugar donut holes! Very modern, clean and tranquil ambiance and service was both friendly and exceptional.

Great location for our Napa area wine tastings!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Summit, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

To start, this is a great hotel with great service!. From the check in staff to the rooms, to room service, and SolBar, this is a very nice hotel with outstanding service. We stayed in a 2 Queen bed unit which was very large, great bathroom (no tub), and very nice sitting area out front an two cruiser bikes. I would give it 5 stars if I was traveling only with my wife however there is one very big miss at this hotel when you have children under 12 and that is the "family pool". The main pool for anyone over 12 is fantastic, I am a swimmer and I would guess the main pool is 50M and perfect for relaxing or swimming laps and has nice music and great lounge chairs and nice service. The "family pool" is either a relic or an after thought. It is not well maintained from a landscape perspective and you have to ask multiple times to get someone to come over and either clean up the mess left from a previous guest or to try to order anything. So this leads me to ask the quesiton of weather or not this is intentional? When we checked in we were directed to the "bath house" to change as our room was not ready when we arrived a the bath house (short walk) we were told our daughter could not go in and change as it was for guests 18 and over. Does Solage Calisgtoga not want young kids at the resort? I can fully understand that a resort would limit guest age at pools and I have stayed at many with adult/kid pools, the phonencian as an example, but not one with such a disparity in quality between the pools. I think this is a great hotel but I would highly suggest that the staff be very clear about the limitations with kids when reservations are made. I called the hotel directly before making my reservations and I was not told many of the things that I experienced so simply a suggestion to the hotel and those planning on staying with kids. I would come back to this hotel for sure but probobly not when traveling with my children.

Room Tip: All of the rooms look very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
salisbury wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Booked in for 3 nights , perfect for exploring the Napa Valley.
Contemporary accommodation, plenty of polished concrete ! , Very clean and well kept. Superb staff, always helpful, and friendly.
Each room has bikes for use during your stay , plus the use of 4 of the hotels Mercs.
The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere, and although the food was good, not exceptional, it is a bit pricey.
Well worth a stay for a few nights

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
West Harrison, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This was a fantastic get-a-way! It was our second stay- last time was a year ago and I think it got even better. The staff is fantastic- the Solbar Restaurant was fabulous for formal dinner, breakfast and the lounge. Food was tasty and servers were so attentive- very knowledgeable for allergies. Breakfast was my favorite as the air is crisp and you can sit outside by the outdoor firepit ( one morning I just wanted it on when it wasn't that cold and they switched it with no thought! ). We worked out in the open air gym and visited the spa 2x- massage and facial- fantastic. The spa pools are available any time for guests and offer a warm pool that's co- Ed and separate cold and hot pools for each gender. So relaxing. The main pool is beautiful although the help can be slow and forgetful,when the pool is crowded.

Free Mercedes for guests when available were fun- mOur Room was roomy and the outdoor porch was private and cozy. (A few times we had to call for housekeeping) I'd stay here again and again!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Edna Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Just spent a week in Napa and Sonoma wine county. Stayed at three resorts over six days and Solage was our favorite! The spa was the best I've been to EVER! And the SolBar restaurant on property is delicious. Actually ate there two nights on our three nights there! Solage amenities and rooms are top notch and the grounds are equally great. Real great pool area as well. Highly recommend this place is if you are staying in the northern napa valley!

Stayed June 2014
Clarendon Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Spent 4 nights at Solage for my brother's wedding. Beautiful property. About 1 1/2 hours drive from Oakland. Staff are very service oriented. Our studio was nicely appointed. Spacious bath. Ceiiling fan in room, patio with nice wicker furniture. Excellent bedding. Each room has an IPAD for property services and with local information. Each night they delivered a cute bottle of water with mint leaves.
Huge pool and separate pool for children. A plus.
Spa was fabulous, fitness classes are included in their phenomenal exercise studio. Did the pilates fusion class, the instructor was great. Had a facial at the spa. Spa boutique is great but pricey. Food was good a little slow at breakfast. Pool side service very good. Although you pay for it, they deliver. The wedding was beautiful.

Room Tip: The property is spread out, if you want to be close to the pool ask when you book.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We've already said this will be our first stop if we hit Powerball! Solage was our one splurge on our RoadTrip vacation. The place is pricey, but it was worth every penny.
Our room was our own little cabana, with a big flat-screen TV, rear patio with table and chairs and even 2 bikes to ride around the area.
We booked massages and spa treatments which were unbelievable!
Can't recommend this place enough, the pictures don't even do it justice.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Solage Calistoga? Share your experiences!