“Perfect wine country resort” 5 of 5 stars

You added Solage Calistoga to your Saves list
Solage Calistoga
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   755 Silverado Trail, Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
“Perfect wine country resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Solage. This was our first trip to wine country and we weren't sure what to expect based upon a couple of reviews. Overall it was an excellent stay and wonderful resort! See details below:

Pros: wonderful food and bar at Solbar! 5 stars for sure. Spa is awesome-my husband was Leary of the couples mudslide (he's not a spa guy) but when it was done, he said he would definitely do that again! The chairs and beats were awesome! I also had a facial and it was fine-nothing extra compared to a normal facial. Rooms were cleaned twice a day-never saw any bugs like some reviews pointed out. We were in #11 behind the pool. Pool is very nice and there's a separate one for children ( but you still hear kids). Surrounding mountains are breathtaking. We were able to get a Mercedes every time we wanted one -for up to 4 hours so that was a bonus bit of fun! Service was excellent-I needed to print tickets from an email and the sweet lady at the desk did it for me quickly!
Cons: it's a little remote, so be prepared to drive for other resturants and wineries.There are several wineries within walking distance. They do provide bikes for every room.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Sunriver, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I felt completely comfortable and pampered during the 5 nights I was privileged to stay at Solage. The staff goes out of their way to be attentive to your every need whether you are at the front desk, spa or SolBar restaurant. I felt as though the staff members recognized me and anticipated my needs before I even had a chance to make a request! While I was in the area for business primarily, staying at Solage made it feel like a vacation instead. The pool areas are beautiful and the mineral pools are a must! Perfect weather made it fun to ride the bike into the cute town of Calistoga and enjoy an ice cream. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I stayed in the front of the property - the patio was very quiet and shielded from any noise. I also...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
greenville, sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel with private villas, an incredible spa, proximity to wineries, and a great restaurant. Service is excellent. Decadent breakfast. Definitely take advantage of the spa and hot springs. Even in January were we able to swim. We loved the bicycles the hotel provides!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

If I could give Solage six stars I would. The hotel is amazing.
The room was great, villa style. There are cool bikes you can use to ride around the property.
Pool is large and great - plenty of sun lounges available.
And the restaurant...amazing. We arrived at the hotel early (before check-in time) so the hotel offered to give us food and drinks by the pool, and it was all amazing. We also ate breakfast and dinner at the restaurant, the food blew our minds and taste buds.
For those looking to indulge, try the 'Couples Mud Slide' at the spa. It was a unique and relaxing experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is our second time at this resort and once again succeeded our expectations. Rarely do you find staff that are this friendly to guests. Every time I would pass a staff member at the resort, I would get a smile, nod or some other acknowledgement. They have a very assertive staff to attend to guests needs.
The resort is beautiful, rooms very well kept and as always not a detail missed.
Only been gone a day and already miss the service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Marin County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

From the moment we arrived, my husband and I were treated like royalty. The facilities and rooms are gorgeous and abundant with choices of activities. Love the bicycles provided at each unit/room. Sol Bar is a must. One of the best meals we've enjoyed. Well done, Solage!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
santa monica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I saw the review of the person who had something stolen and I am so sorry for their loss but I can say my stay was FLAWLESS..from check-in to check-out and everything in between. The staff couldn't be more helpful, the restaurant delicious, the room was gorgeous (and the coffee was so great I ordered some as soon as I got home!). Every detail was perfect. No stone unturned with the hospitality both with the staff, in the rooms and at the spa. I can't rave enough...as a matter of fact, we loved it so much that we are hoping to return in late August or late September, with friends. If there is room, of course!!

Room Tip: I have stayed here twice and the rooms are always fantastic..note: I have only stayed there with fri...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Solage Calistoga? Share your experiences!