“Awesome spa and getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Solage Calistoga
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   755 Silverado Trail, Calistoga, CA 94515   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Awesome spa and getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I went here for a few days after our wedding. The grounds are spread out, so it's quite and does not seem crowded. The bungalows are bright and clean. We did the mud bath one day and a couples massage the next day. The spa services are awesome. We also ate dinner at Sol Bar. The food was great, and our server was friendly. I had the fried chicken special. I hadn't had fried chicken in years. My dinner was delicious, and there was tons of food. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants to get away, enjoy some spa services, and east wonderful food.

Room Tip: We stayed in the least expensive rooms, so we could splurge on the spa services. I would do the sam...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Solage is a spa/resort where guests stay in their own separate cottages. I use that word loosely, as they are quite contemporary in both their furnishings and bathroom appointments. The room also contains a pot belly contemporary fireplace, upscale toiletries and great bedding and towels. Each family will find bikes in a bike rack outside their units for their use as desired. Their are beautifully landscaped sidewalks connecting the various cottages and main buildings. It leaves you with a nice feeling to walk the grounds.

There are maybe 60 cottages scattered over a beautiful piece of property, but all within walking distance to the main facilities. The restaurant on property is superb both in service and in the offerings. I would recommend trying at least once, the lemon ricotta pancakes with homemade blueberry sauce. Actually every dish is wonderful, so there are too many to mention here.

The spa services offered, although pricey, are also wonderful and whatever services you choose to entertain I have no doubt that you will feel as if you got very individual special attention!

They also have a nice pool, steam room and sauna. One note...the property is located on a large piece of property, with great vistas, so you don't feel as if you are crowded, i.e., one resort on top of another, as in Napa, or Yountville.

Lastly the service is excellent. The hotel staff is quite accommodating in every area whether it be in the restaurant, request for room service, the spa and the concierge. The classes for fitness, we took the yoga, was wonderful. The lady who taught that class was very involved in our experience...not just the usual non involved trainer of people she didn't know.

I would have no hesitation to recommend the Solage and will stay there again when I return to the Napa valley area!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Georgetown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

The Solage is not only a fantastic place for its architecture, the quality of its rooms and the world class level spa but the level of service and attention to details is very high, all in a very relaxed ambiance. We loved staying here 3 days and will come back. My only negative comment is about the dining room, beautiful but too dark. Into my opinion being able to see what you eat, by the way very good, is not an option, so do not take the 2 persons side tables that are very dark.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went to the Solage strictly for lunch al fresco at the Sol Bar and were THRILLED!! The food was excellent! From the fish tacos to the sun choke soup, everything was top notch. The staff was very attentive and the surroundings were oh, so pleasant. As you know, there can be a chill in the air in Northern CA, but there was a gorgeous "fire" feature to keep us warm on the patio. I would HIGHLY recommend trying the Sol Bar for lunch . . . even if you aren't staying at Solage.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Guayaquil, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The only thing I didnt like is that I didnt stay longer, you have a bike out of your room, so you can ride to any vineyard around, also the service is great, we arrived very late, and eventhought the kitchen was already closed they managed to give us service.
I definitly recommend this spot in case you are thinking to come to Calistoga or Napa, its aso nice if you want to come for a couple trip, we came as a family trip and my kids were also very happy

Room Tip: We asked for a double bed room, they are really big and nice with your own balcony
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This property was great! I stayed here with a friend of mine after we had not seen each other for over a year due to deploying back to back.

Facilities were absolutely amazing. Everything is carefully manicured and you can tell that a lot of hard work and thought was put into making this place a very serene getaway.

Room was phenomenal. We had a 2 Queen Vera suite. It had plenty of room for the both of us, comfortable bedding, and a huge TV to relax and watch when we were in for the night! The bathroom was amazing, huge and included a lot of awesome amenities (full size soap, shampoo, conditioner bottles), comfortable towels, nice magnifying mirror and great lighting when getting ready to go out). Room also equipped with VERY comfortable bathrobes. So comfortable that I even bought one to attempt replicating the experience at home! Also, coffee was delicious and they deliver water bottles with mint leaves every night during turnover service- tastes great!

Solbar- excellent food! We did experience some subpar service at the bar for dinner on the first night, but food was still excellent. Had breakfast there every morning, each breakfast was amazing.

Service- These people are truly professionals at their job! They must love working there because they always greet you, even if you are just walking to your car. All of the staff there were great, especially Jason the concierge. He was able to show us the wineries to visit in the area and they were all excellent choices! Definately would use him again for recommendations.

Spa- PHENOMENAL! I had the Solage Sampler which included their signature massage, body scrub, then the Mudslide experience. All services were fantastic. During the mudslide, the girl had forgotten about me for a few minutes, but she came back to apologize and took complete ownership for what happened. It did not detract from my experience, she even gave me a free glass of champagne to make my soak even better!

This place is a GREAT experience, we both felt completely relaxed and did not want to leave. We will DEFINATELY be back,

Room Tip: We stayed in the Vera suite which was close to all of the amenities. It looked like the other rooms...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Richard H, General Manager at Solage Calistoga, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to be part your reunion and for sharing your experience. I was thrilled to learn you found our staff to be professional and delightful. I have shared your comments with Jason as well as his director. We hold him in equally high regard. It is my hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Warm Regards,

Richard W. Hill
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The solage calistoga is a amazing hotel. We had a standard room, which was perfect! We had a fireplace, a tub, nice shower, Huge Tv, and very nice bed. They had two bikes for us to use, which we road around town in. The also have a mercedes courtsey car program, where you can use the cars for 4 hours at a time. This was a great perk! The breakfast was really nice at Sol bar, we were on package where we got 50 dollars for breakfast per day. This was necessary for two people, just keep in mind that 50 dollars is a bit high for breakfast. I can't speak highly enough about this hotel and their staff. We will be returning, no questions asked!

Room Tip: We had 58 which was nice, about a 3 min walk to the main area but very seculuded as well.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Solage Calistoga? Share your experiences!